About Fergus Day Hort MacDowall
Fergus Day Hort Macdowall, 27th of Garthland
M, #455641, b. 19 December 1924
Fergus Day Hort Macdowall, 27th of Garthland was born on 19 December 1924. He is the son of Henry Charles Victor Macdowall, 26th of Garthland and Gladys Irene Pitts.
- He married, firstly, Traszha Ilse Riess, daughter of Floyd Garnett Riess, on 15 July 1949.
- He married, secondly, Constance Gwendolyn Morely, daughter of Richard Morely, on 21 December 1986.
- He and Constance Gwendolyn Morely were divorced.
- He married, thirdly, Alexandra Norma Maclennan, daughter of Alexander Matheson Maclennan, on 12 May 2001.
- He was educated at Brentwood College, Victoria, Briitsh Columbia, Canada.
- He was educated at Stowe School, Buckingham, Buckinghamshire, England.
- He graduated from McGill University, Montréal, Quebec, Canada, in 1946 with a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.).
- He graduated from University of Minnesota, Minnesota, U.S.A., in 1947 with a Master of Science (M.Sc.).
- He held the position of Chief of the Name and Arms of Macdowall in 1947.
- He was an Instructor between 1949 and 1951 at University of Michigan, Michigan, U.S.A..
- He was Resident Scientist, Canada Depsrtment of Agriculture in 1951 at Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
- He graduated from Stanford University, Palo Alto, California, U.S.A., in 1954 with a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.).
- He was AEC Postdoctoral Fellow and Assistant Professor between 1963 and 1965 at University of Minnesota, Minnesota, U.S.A..
- He was recognised by the Lord Lyon King of Arms, and matriculated his arms at the Lyons Office on 24 July 1987.
- He lived in 2001 at 9170 Ardmore Drive, North Saanich, Briitsh Columbia, Canada.
Children of Fergus Day Hort Macdowall, 27th of Garthland and Traszha Ilse Riess
- William Fergus Victor Macdowall, younger of Garthland b. 25 Jan 1950
- David Riess Macdowall, 12th of Castlesemple b. 21 Feb 1953
- Traszha Roxanne Macdowall b. 27 Oct 1954
- [S32] Peter Beauclerk Dewar, editor, Burkes Landed Gentry of Great Britain - The Kingdon in Scotland, 19th ed. - volume 1 (Wilmington, Delaware, USA: Burke's Peerage and Gentry LLC, 2001), volume 1, page 885. Hereinafter cited as Burkes Landed Gentry, 19th ed.
- [S32] Peter Beauclerk Dewar, Burkes Landed Gentry, 19th ed., volume 1, page 882.
- [S32] Peter Beauclerk Dewar, Burkes Landed Gentry, 19th ed.
- [S32] Peter Beauclerk Dewar, Burkes Landed Gentry, 19th ed., page 882.