Fernando de Borbón y Braganza
|Birthplace:||Escorial, Community of Madrid, Madrid, Spain|
|Death:||Died in Brunnsee, Radkersburg, Styria, Austria|
Son of Carlos de Borbón y Borbón-Parma, infante de España; Maria Francisca de Assis de Bragança and María Teresa de Berganza
|Managed by:||Ofir Friedman|
Matching family tree profiles for Fernando de Borbón y Braganza, infante de España
About Fernando de Borbón y Braganza, infante de España
- gw1.geneanet...., histoconocer.mforos,
- This is about Fernando de Borbón y Braganza's father Isidro Maria Carlos Benito Borbon
- Born in Madrid on March 29, 1788 and died in Trieste on March 10, 1855, Count of Molina and Infante of Spain, was the first Carlist pretender to the Spanish throne under the name of Charles V. It was the second son of Charles IV and Maria Luisa of Parma and brother of Fernando VII. He was also known as Don Carlos.
- Carlos was born in the Royal Palace of Madrid. His education was entrusted to distinguished teachers and counselors who managed to give a careful political education, religious and human Foremost among them was José Bazán de Silva, Marquis of Santa Cruz and Vicente de la Vera and Ladron de Guevara, Duke and Marquis of Rock covers. Their religious and moral by Felipe Scio Piarist priest, scientist estduvo by Fernando, his brother, while his military training was led by Colonel Mary artillery Vocente Maturana. The achievement of such thorough work has been much discussed by historians later. For liberal writers, Charles, became an ambitious, fanatical, absolutist, uncompromising, Emperor of intrigue, with exaggerated religious fanaticism, etc.. For the defenders of Spanish traditionalism was infant model, pious, religious spirit formed bordering on the extreme purity of manners, and severe in his devotions, knowing the life and military duty. Fond of letters and sciences, as well as the history and culture is reflected in the word easy and correct diction. He loved to Spain, but was especially fervent Catholic.
- Today we know that was a lover of learning and literature, but clearly did not have an illustrious intelligence and kind of noble character, of blameless life, steeped in mysticism and fervent piety, but naive, austere, loyalty tested but friend also go with counselors and staff who may dragged their cause into disrepute.
- Between 1808 and 1814, lived in Valençay prisoner of Napoleon with his brothers. His steadfast refusal to sign the waiver of their rights to the Crown of Spain, after the forced abdication of his father and brother, won the prison in the castle of Marrac and then the Valençay.
- In 1814 he returned, with the rest of the royal family to Madrid, passing through Catalonia, Aragon and Valencia.
- Shortly after, at 26, his first office occupied since the June 14, 1814 was appointed general of the real police captain and two months after general and generalissimo of the royal armies. From that time he could attend Council meetings and in the absence of Fernando, usually presided over war and state. Since these jobs have not abandoned their inclination to the sciences and arts, giving proof of this were the frequent visits and donations to the universities of Valencia, Seville and Alcala de Henares, which was declared protector.
- In September 1816 he married his niece, the Infanta Maria Francisca of Portugal or Braganza, daughter of King John VI and Carlota Joaquina de Bourbon, his sister. The couple had three children:
- Charles Louis de Bourbon and Braganza, Count of Montemolín - (1818-1861).
- Juan Carlos de Borbón y Braganza, Count of Montizón - (1822-1887) and
- Fernando de Borbón y Braganza - (1824-1861). - Knight in the Order of the golden Fleece
- Since the beginning of their marriage, was the beginning of a new era for the infant because since then, the influence of the austere and energetic Mary Frances was felt clearly in your life. The liberal revolution of 1820, tested the obedience to his brother and promised to keep it and be faithful.