Fanny Marcuson (Weidenthal)
|Death:||Died in Cleveland, Cuyahoga, OH, USA|
|Place of Burial:||Cleveland Heights, Cuyahoga, Ohio, United States|
Daughter of Moses (Moises) Weidenthal and Rebecca Weidenthal
|Managed by:||Private User|
Historical records matching Frances (Fanny) Marcuson
About Fanny Marcuson (Weidenthal)
According to a letter written by her great granddaughter Wilma Wolfenstein dated 4/21/1999 Fanny came to the US in the 1830's with siblings.
She is buried at Mayfield Cemetary, Cleveland OH
1849 A little group of Czechs arrived in Cleveland, including Willi Hesky and his sister. Bernard Weidenthal came from Bohemia with his widowed mother, Mrs. Rebecca Neumann Weidenthal, and her children, Charlotte, Fannie, and Leopold; and Joseph Loewy and his daughter, Dorothea. Weidenthal purchased a residence on Woodland Avenue to which he took his bride, Dorothea Loewy. Hesky went west in early manhood, and his sister married a farmer near Sandusky.
According to the advertisements, the fireplace was on the way out, and the cooking stove was featured as a great new blessing to the meal-maker. A gas-manufacturing plant had been built and pipes were laid to provide street lighting for Cleveland. One by one the smoky lamps were removed and the first street lights were installed, brightening Superior Street from the river to Erie, the Public Square, and Water, Merwin, and Bank streets. On December 8, the lights were turned on, and citizens gathered under the lamp posts to enjoy the novelty.
The glory of the stars and moon And comets, too, may pass; Then let 'em go — however soon. For Cleveland's burning gas!
Frances (Fanny) Marcuson's Timeline
April 27, 1854
Cleveland, Cuyahoga, OH
April 15, 1855
Cleveland, Cuyahoga, Ohio, United States
November 21, 1892
Cleveland, Cuyahoga, OH, USA
Cleveland Heights, Cuyahoga, Ohio, United States