Matching family tree profiles for Frances Anne Compton
view all 18
About Frances Anne Compton (Hastings)
- Frances Hastings1
- F, #55341, b. circa 1546, d. 1574
- Father Sir Francis Hastings, 2nd Earl Huntingdon, 4th Lord Hastings, Lt. Gen. & Chief Captain of the army and fleet for service abroad, Constable of Conway Castle, Lord Lt. of counties Rutland, Leicester, Derby, & Warwick b. c 1514, d. 23 Jun 1560
- Mother Katherine Pole2,3 b. c 1516, d. 23 Sep 1576
- Frances Hastings was born circa 1546 at of Ashby de la Zouche, Leicestershire, England.4 She married Sir Henry Compton, 1st Lord Compton, son of Peter Compton and Anne Talbot, circa 1559.1 Frances Hastings died in 1574 at of Compton Wynyates, Warwickshire, England.1
- Family Sir Henry Compton, 1st Lord Compton b. 16 Feb 1538
- 1.[S11568] The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain, and the United Kingdom, by George Edward Cokayne, Vol. III, p. 390-1.
- 2.[S61] Unknown author, Family Group Sheets, Family History Archives, SLC.
- 3.[S11568] The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain, and the United Kingdom, by George Edward Cokayne, Vol. VI, p. 657-8.
- 4.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 387.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p1842.htm#i55341
- Lady Frances Hastings
- F, #30238
- Last Edited=25 Apr 2011
- Consanguinity Index=1.56%
- Lady Frances Hastings was the daughter of Francis Hastings, 2nd Earl of Huntingdon and Catherine Pole. She married Sir Henry Compton, 1st Lord Compton, son of Peter Compton and Anne Talbot.1
- Her married name became Compton.1
- Children of Lady Frances Hastings and Sir Henry Compton, 1st Lord Compton
- 1.Sir Thomas Compton d. Apr 1626
- 2.William Compton, 1st Earl of Northampton+ d. 24 Jun 1630
- 1.[S37] Volume 2, page 2927. See link for full details for this source. Hereinafter cited as. [S37]
- From: http://www.thepeerage.com/p3024.htm#i30238
- Frances Anne HASTINGS (B. Compton)
- Born: 1533, Ashby, Leicestershire, England
- Died: 1574
- Father: Francis HASTINGS (2º E. Huntingdon)
- Mother: Catherine POLE (C. Huntingdon)
- Married: Henry COMPTON (1º B. Compton) ABT 1571, England
- 1. William COMPTON (1° E. Northampton)
- 2. Thomas COMPTON (Sir)
- 3. Margaret COMPTON (B. Mordaunt)
- 4. Henry COMPTON
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/HASTINGS2.htm#Frances Anne HASTINGS (B. Compton)
- Henry Compton, 1st Baron Compton (14 July 1544 – 10 December 1589) was an English peer and Member of Parliament.
- Compton was the posthumous son of Peter Compton of Compton Wynyates and his wife Anne, daughter of George Talbot, 4th Earl of Shrewsbury, and a relative of Sir William Compton. He was trained in the law at Gray's Inn (1563). He succeeded his father in 1544 and was knighted in 1567.
- He was elected a Member (MP) of the Parliament of England for Old Sarum in 1563 and was appolnted High Sheriff of Warwickshire for 1571-72. In 1572 he was summoned to the House of Lords as Baron Compton, of Compton in the County of Warwick. After his enoblement Lord Compton was one of the peers at the trial of Mary, Queen of Scots in 1586.
- He married, firstly, Frances, daughter of Francis Hastings, 2nd Earl of Huntingdon, with whom he had one son. He married, secondly, Anne, daughter of Sir John Spencer, with whom he had a further two sons. Lord Compton died in December 1589, aged 51, and was succeeded in the barony by his son from his first marriage, William, who was created Earl of Northampton in 1618.
- From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Compton,_1st_Baron_Compton
- COMPTON, Henry I (1544-89), of Compton Wyniates, Warws. and Tottenham, Mdx.
- b. 14 July 1544, posth. s. and h. of Peter Compton of Compton Wyniates by Anne, da. of George Talbot, 4th Earl of Shrewsbury. educ. G. Inn 1563. m. (1) Frances (d.1574), da. of Francis Hastings, and Earl of Huntingdon, by Katherine, da. and coh. of Henry Pole, Lord Montagu, 1s.; (2) Anne, da. of Sir John Spencer of Althorp, Northants. by Katherine, da. of Sir Thomas Kitson of Hengrave, Suff., wid. of William Stanley†, 3rd Lord Monteagle, 2s. inc. Henry Compton II. suc. fa. 1544. Kntd. 1567. summ. to Lords as Lord Compton 1572.
- From: http://www.historyofparliamentonline.org/volume/1558-1603/member/compton-henry-i-1544-89
- Francis Hastings, 2nd Earl of Huntingdon, KG (1514 – 20 June 1561) was the eldest son of George Hastings, 1st Earl of Huntingdon and Anne Stafford, Countess of Huntingdon, the ex-mistress of Henry VIII.
- His maternal first cousins included Henry Stafford, 1st Baron Stafford and Henry Radclyffe, 2nd Earl of Sussex.
- He was born in Ashby-de-la-Zouch, Leicestershire. He was tutored by John Leland during his youth. His mother, Anne Stafford, Countess of Huntingdon had an affair with Henry VIII in 1510, the discovery of which led her husband to remove her to a convent and her brother to leave court in a rage, refusing to stay under Henry's roof. As late as 1513, Anne was the courtier who received the second most expensive New Year's gift from Henry, indicating that their relationship continued until then. However, there are no contemporary references to the possibility of Francis being an illegitimate son of the Tudor monarch. ....
- Francis married Catherine Pole (1511 - 23 September 1576) on 25 June 1532. She was a daughter of Henry Pole, 11th Baron Montacute and Jane Neville. Jane was in turn a daughter of George Nevill, 4th Baron Bergavenny and Margaret Fenne. They had eleven children:
- Frances Anne Hastings (1533–1574). Married Henry Compton, 1st Baron Compton and was mother of William Compton, 1st Earl of Northampton.
- Henry Hastings, 3rd Earl of Huntingdon (1536 – 14 December 1595).
- William Hastings (b. 1537).
- George Hastings, 4th Earl of Huntingdon (1540 – 3 December 1604).
- Sir Edward Hastings (1541–1603?). Married Barbara Devereux, daughter of Sir William Devereux and Jane Scudamore. Her paternal grandfather was Walter Devereux, 1st Viscount Hereford. She was the sole heir of both her father and her previous husband Edward Cayce. Her considerable inheritance included Leicester Abbey. Hans Francis Hastings, 12th Earl of Huntingdon and all subsequent Earls of Huntingdon are descended in the paternal line from Edward.
- Catherine Hastings (11 August 1542 – 22 September 1576). Married Henry Clinton, 2nd Earl of Lincoln and was mother of Thomas Clinton, 3rd Earl of Lincoln.
- Walter Hastings (1544 – 20 August 1616). Married Joyce Roper.
- Elizabeth Hastings (c. 1546 – 24 August 1621). Married Edward Somerset, 4th Earl of Worcester.
- Anne Hastings (b. 1548).
- Francis Hastings (c. 1550 – 26 September 1610). Married Maud Longford.
- Mary Hastings (b. 1552) (ru) - Ivan the Terrible's potential bride. 1583 Russian Embassy was unsuccessful.
- He seems to have gained some favour and ....
- From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Hastings,_2nd_Earl_of_Huntingdon
- William Compton, 1st Earl of Northampton, KG (died 24 June 1630), known as 2nd Baron Compton from 1589 to 1618, was an English peer.
- Northampton was the son of Henry Compton, 1st Baron Compton, and Frances Hastings. His maternal grandparents were Francis Hastings, 2nd Earl of Huntingdon and Catherine Pole. Catherine was a daughter of Henry Pole, 11th Baron Montacute and Lady Jane Nevill. Jane was in turn a daughter of George Nevill, 4th Baron Bergavenny and Margaret Fenne.
- He notably served as Lord Lieutenant of Warwickshire and of Gloucestershire and as Lord President of the Marches and of the Dominion of Wales. In 1618 he was created Earl of Northampton.
- Lord Northampton married in 1599 or 1600 to Elizabeth Spencer, a daughter of Sir John Spencer who had been Lord Mayor of London in 1594. Their children included:
- Anne Compton (d. 1675), married Ulick Burke, 1st Marquess of Clanricarde
- Spencer Compton, 2nd Earl of Northampton (1601–1643)
- .... etc.
- From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Compton,_1st_Earl_of_Northampton
Frances Anne Compton's Timeline
Ashby, Leicester, Berwickshire, England
Compton Warwickshire, Lord, Northamptonshire, England