About Francisco Fernández de Córdoba y Glimes de Brabant
Golden Fleece - Knights: Spanish Branch
- English translation of 1.*
- The Duchy of Alagón, is a Spanish noble title, created on June 9, 1814, by King Ferdinand VII of Spain, in favor of Francisco Fernandez de Cordoba and Glimes of Brabant, son of Francisco Fernandez de Cordova and Christopher Moncayo, XI Earl of Sástago, III Marquis of Peñalba and his wife Maria Felipa of Glimes of Brabant.
- Francisco Fernandez de Cordoba and Glimes of Brabant, changed his name to Francisco Ramón de Espes, to take possession of the Barony of Espes.
- The title was created for life, so this was their first and only owner. No one has ever applied for the rehabilitation of this title, for what is now only an historic title. Its name refers to the town of Alagón, Zaragoza.
Dukes of Alagón
- Holder Period - Created by Ferdinand VII , I Francisco Fernandez de Cordoba and Glimes of Brabant , 1814-1841 . Sole holder. Title extinct
History of the Dukes of Alagón
- Francisco Fernandez de Cordoba and Glimes of Brabant (after Francisco de Espes), (1758-1841), I Duke of Alagón Espes lord and baron, baron of Alfajarín. He was Chief of the Guard Corps of Ferdinand VII and his adviser and personal friend. Given the rank of Captain General.
- He married Maria del Pilar de Silva y Palafox, Countess of Castelflorit, daughter of Pedro Fernandez de Hijar and Alcantara covers Bolea, IX Duke of Hijar, of Lécera, Count-Duke of Aliaga, V Duke of Bournonville, etc. .. and Centurion Guzmán Palafox Rafaela, daughter of Joaquin Rebolledo and Palafox, VI Marquis of Ariza. No descendants of this marriage.
- Ignacia married Ramona Sancho, without descendants not of this his second marriage.
- Just had a natural daughter, taking it outside of marriage:
- Margaret and Alagón Espes Fernandez de Cordoba, (legitimated by Ferdinand VII), May 26, 1817, which did not inherit any paternal titles.
- Felix de Valois married Walloon and Gramontel, I created Baron de Mora by Ferdinand VII in 1817. They had one daughter:
- Walloon and Espes Pilar married to Luis Franco Lopez, who were the parents of:
- Jose Luis Franco Espes and Walloon, I Espes Viscount.
- . Gran Enciclopedia Aragonesa. Duchy of Alagón.
- English translation of 2. *
- Title by Fernando VII Find voice ... with first-class greatness in 1814 in favor of Francisco and Ramon Fernandez de Cordoba Espes, born in Zaragoza in 1758, sixth son of the eleventh counts of Sástago Find voice ... and marquises of Peñalba, the name he placed before the father Espes natural, to inherit the title of Baron Espes. Tomasa of Yust, Valencian lady had a daughter, who was recognized by the father and his new wife, Maria del Pilar Silva Palafox, Countess of Castelflorido. Dead the first Duke of Alagón in 1841, inherited the title Espes his daughter Margaret, married in 1823 with Felix Gramontel Walloon, born in Barbastro, first Baron de Mora for grant of Fernando VII in 1817. The Walloon and Espes daughter Pilar, who inherited the dukedom, married lawyer Franco Luis Lopez Zaragoza Find voice ... who were the parents of Jose Luis Franco and Walloon, first Viscount Espes by granting the queen regent in 1892.
Francisco Fernández de Córdoba y Glimes de Brabant, I. duque de Alagón's Timeline