|Also Known As:||"Dewan", "Duane"|
|Death:||Died in TITANIC at sea|
|Cause of death:||Died in the sinking. Body Not Recovered|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Frank Dwan
About Frank Dwan
- Name: Mr Frank Dwan
- Born: 1847
- Age: 65 years
- Last Residence: in Bunmahon Ireland
- Occupation: Farm Labourer
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Queenstown on Thursday 11th April 1912
- Ticket No. 336439 , £7 15s
- Destination: Morris Plains New Jersey United States
- Died in the sinking.
- Body Not Recovered
Mr Frank Dwan 1, 67, was born in Fourmilewater, County Waterford, Ireland, the son of Thomas Dwan and Alice Trehy. He was married to Bridget Walsh in 1867. They had eight children of whom four survived, later to emigrate to America.
A fisherman by trade, Dwan was living with his wife in Knockmahon, Bunmahon in County Waterford when he decided to visit his children. He boarded the Titanic at Queenstown as a third class passenger (ticket number 336439, £7, 15s). He was travelling to Morris Plains, New Jersey.
Frank Dwan died in the sinking. His body, if recovered, was never identified.
1. Also listed as "Dewan" or "Duane".
References and Sources
- Senan Molony (1999) The Irish Aboard Titanic. Wolfhound Press, Dublin ISBN 0 86327 805 1 Noel Ray (1999) List of Passengers who Boarded RMS Titanic at Queenstown, April 11, 1912. The Irish Titanic Historical Society Contract Ticket List, White Star Line 1912 (National Archives, New York; NRAN-21-SDNYCIVCAS-55)
- Alan Dwan,Ireland Noel Ray, Ireland Senan Molony, Ireland