About Friedrich Wilhelm von Haugwitz
Friedrich Wilhelm Graf von von Haugwitz
- Österreichischer Staatsmann, * 11.12.1702, † 11.9.1765 Knönitz (Mähren). (seit 1725 katholisch)
- geneall.net... ; de.wikipedia.org... ; deutsche-biographie... ;
- britannica.com... ;
- Friedrich Wilhelm von Haugwitz, The topic Friedrich Wilhelm von Haugwitz is discussed in the following articles:
- relationship to Maria Theresa
SECTION: Domestic reforms
- Realizing the need for a sizable standing army and in order to maintain one, 'Maria Theresa (Holy Roman empress) accepted the plans of Count Friedrich Wilhelm Haugwitz—the first in a succession of remarkable men of intellect she was to draw into her council. In the face of the opposition of many noblemen, she managed to reduce drastically (except in Hungary) the powers of the various dominions’ estates, which...
SECTION: First reforms, 1748–56
- ...the towns). These bodies negotiated annually with the ruler regarding the amount of taxes (i.e., the contribution) that each crown land would pay to the central government. Following the advice of Friedrich Wilhelm, Graf (count) von Haugwitz, a Silesian who had fled the Prussians in 1741, Maria Theresa proposed negotiating with each diet only every 10 years, setting the amount to be collected...
Friedrich Wilhelm, Graf von Haugwitz's Timeline
December 11, 1702
September 11, 1765