Geertruy Lansing (Schuyler)
|Death:||Died in Albany, Albany County, New York|
Daughter of Col. Pieter Philipse Schuyler and Maria Schuyler
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Geertruy Lansing
About Geertruy Lansing (Schuyler)
- 'Genealogical notes of New York and New England families
- Johannes G., son of (1) Gerrit Frederick Lansing, was probably born in Hassel; married (2) (Geertje, daughter of (1) Goosen Gerritse Van Schaick and Geertie Brantse Peelen, widow of Hendrick Coster, in 1678, and had
- ' Johannes, son of (1) Johannes Gerrit Lansing and (2) (Geertje Van Schaick, was baptised in Albany, September 4, 1687 ; married Geertruy, daughter of Colonel Pieter P. Schuyler, first mayor of Albany, and Engeltje Van Schaick (bp. February 11, 1694), June 13, 1714, and had
- 92 John, bp. April 7, 1715 ; m. (145) Ariaantje Wendell, about 1745.
- 93 Maria, bp. December 4, 1717; m. Robert Sanders, November 6, 1740.
- 94 Pieter, bp. August 6, 1721 ; m. (116) Elizabeth Wendell, about 1745.
- 95 Geradus, bp. September 29, 1723; m. (179) Marytje Wendell, 1747.
- 96 Geertruy, bp. February 1, 1727 ; buried September 27, 1728.
- 97 Philip, bp. February 23, 1729 ; m. (18) Elsje Hun, May 19, 1757.
- 98 Geertruy, bp. January 7, 1733 ; buried April 25, 1749.
- ' The wife of Johannes Lansing was buried June 23, 1744 (?).
- 'The Lansing family. A genealogy of the descendants of Gerritt Frederickse Lansing who came to America from Hasselt, province of Overijssell, Holland, 1640. Eight generations
- 4. Johannes G.2 Lansing (Gerrit1) came to New Amsterdam (New York) with his father about 1640 from Holland. He married Geertie, daughter of Goosense and Geertie Brantse Peelen) Van Schaick; widow of Hendrick Coster.
- Johannes G.2 Lansing was one of the early settlers of Rensselaerwyck. He was buried February 28, 1728.
- '24. Johannes3 Lansing (Johannes2, Gerrit1) was baptized in Albany, N. Y., September 4, 1687. He married Geertruy, daughter of Colonel Pieter P. (and Maria Van Rensselaer) Schuyler, June 13, 1714.
- Issue :
- 83. John4 Lansing.
- 84. Maria Lansing, baptized December 4, 1717; married Robert Sanders, November 6, 1740
- 85. Peter Lansing.
- 86. Geradus Lansing.
- 87. Geertruy Lansing, baptized February 1, 1727; buried September 27, 1728.
- 88. Philip Lansing.
- 89. Geertruy Lansing, baptized January 7, 1733; buried April 25, 1749.
- ' Johannes3 Lansing resided at Albany, N. Y. His wife was buried June 23, 1744.
- 'Contributions for the Genealogies of the First Settlers of Albany.
- LANSING, Johannes (son of Gerrit), merchant, m. in 1678, Geertie Goosense Van Schaick, widow of Hendrick Coster ; naturalized in 1715 ; d. and was buried in the church, Feb. 26, 1728. Ch : Elizabet, b. 1679, m. Stephanus Groesbeck, in 1699; Geertruy, bp. Nov. 2, 1684, m. Ryer Gerritse ; Johannes, bp. Sept. 4, 1687 ; Engeltie, bp. Aug. 17, 1690 ; Gerrit (?) ; Abraham (?).
- ' LANSING, Johannes [son of Johannes and Geertie], m. Geertruy Schuyler, dau. of Pieter S., June 13, 1714. [The wife of Johannes L., was buried June 23,1744.] Ch: Johannes, bp. April 7, 1715; Maria, bp. Dec. 4, 1717 ; Pieter, bp. Aug. 6. 1721, d. May 13, 1807. a. 86 y. ; Gerardus, bp. Sept. 29, 1723, d. March 24, 1808, a. 84 y. ; Geertruy, bp. Jan. 1, 1727; Philip, bp. Feb. 23, 1729; Geertruy, bp. Jan. 7, 1733.
Name: Geertruy Schuyler 1
Father: Pieter Schuyler b: 17 SEP 1657 in Beverwyck
Mother: Maria Van Rensselaer b: 25 OCT 1672 in Rensselaerwyck
Marriage 1 Johannes Lansing b: 4 SEP 1687 in Albany, Albany Co NY
1. Maria Lansing b: DEC 1717 in Albany, Albany Co NY
2. Pieter Lansing b: 1721
3. Philip Schuyler Lansing b: 23 FEB 1729 in Albany, Albany Co NY
Title: Hudson-Mohawk Genealogical and Family Memoirs
Author: Cuyler Reynolds, Curator of the Albany Institute and Historical and Art Society
Publication: New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Company, 1911
Page: Vol I: 195-202, Vol II: 696-698
Geertruy Schuyler was born in February 1694. She was the daughter of Albany leader Pieter Schuyler and his second wife, Maria Van Rensselaer Schuyler.
In June 1714, she married Johannes Lansing, Jr. at the Albany Dutch church. By 1733, their seven children had been baptized in the Albany church where she was an occasional baptism sponsor.
These Lansings lived in the second ward in close proximity to his large Albany family. Johannes Lansing, Jr. was a prominent Albany businessman and member of the Common Council.
Geertruy maintained a close relationship with her three brothers who lived at the Schuyler farm located north of Albany. In 1748, she was named as a beneficiary in the will of her brother Phillipus.
Geertruy Schuyler Lansing died in January 1774.