About Elkanah Bliss
From his Find A Grave page:
Gen Elkanah Bliss
- Birth: Mar. 11, 1770 - Rehoboth, Bristol County, Massachusetts, USA
- Death: Sep. 25, 1845 - New York, USA
General Elkanah Bliss was the son of Levi Bliss and Elizabeth Bullock. He was in the War of 1812.
Elkanah married Celia Richmond, the daughter of John Richmond. They married on 9 Jan 1787.
Together they had five children and possibly others:
- 1. Permelia Bliss b. 7 Jun 1799 married Reuben Peake
- 2. John R. Bliss b. 17 Jun 1803 in NY married Evalina Marsh
- 3. Lydia Bliss b. 13 Jan 1807 in NY married Joseph B. Leavitt
- 4. Matilda Bliss b. 22 Sep 1811 in NY married Anson N. Sherwood
- 5. Jefferson M. Bliss b. 23 May 1814 in NY married Matilda Sherwood.
Another note about Elkanah: 10th Regiment, New York Militia, Sergeant Military Service War of 1812
Note: The Vital Records of Rehoboth, Bristol Co., MA, say Elkanah was born there, and not in Cheshire, Berkshire Co., Mass., as previously written.
Vital records information provided by: Pete Witze firstname.lastname@example.org
- Levi Bliss (1747 - 1819)
- Elizabeth Bullock Bliss (____ - 1790)
- Celia Richmond Bliss (1779 - 1839)
- Lydia Bliss Leavitt (1807 - 1860)
- Jefferson M. Bliss (1814 - 1887)
Burial: Salisbury Cemetery, Salisbury, Herkimer County, New York, USA, Plot: AA-670
- Created by: Zoe Tom
- Record added: Mar 31, 2009
- Find A Grave Memorial# 35386923