About (Paul) Georg Maria Joseph Dominikus von Habsburg (Habsburg-Lothringen), Erzherzog von Österreich
Golden Fleece - Knights: Austrian Branch
Paul Georg Maria Joseph Dominikus von Habsburg-Lothringen
- Georg of Austria
- Goerg Habsburg Lothringen
- The Peerage.com
- 'Georg von Habsburg - (given names Paul Georg Maria Joseph Dominikus;
- born - 16 December 1964, Starnberg), referred to in Austria as Georg Habsburg-Lothringen, in Hungary as Habsburg György, and by his royal name as Archduke Georg of Austria, is the second son, and seventh and youngest child of Otto von Habsburg, the last Crown Prince of Austria-Hungary, and Princess Regina of Saxe-Meiningen.
- He married Eilika Helene Jutta Clementine of Oldenburg (b. 22 August 1972) the older daughter of Duke Johann of Oldenburg (younger son of Nikolaus, Hereditary Grand Duke of Oldenburg and his wife Princess Helena of Waldeck and Pyrmont) and Countess Ilka of Ortenburg, on 18 October 1997 in Budapest, Hungary, the only one out of his siblings to make a dynastically equal marriage according to the Habsburg family laws. Had his father not accepted his older brother's marriage to Baroness Francesca Thyssen-Bornemisza, which would have been otherwise considered morganatic, Georg would have been his father's heir after his elder brother, as it would have been with Archduke Franz-Ferdinand towards Emperor Franz-Joseph. His wife remained Lutheran. The couple has three children:
- Zsófia Mária Tatjána Mónika Erzsébet Katalin (Sophie Maria Tatiana Monica Elisabeth Catherine), b. Budapest, 12 January 2001)
- Ildikó Mária Walburga (Hilda Maria Walburga), b. Budapest, 6 June 2002)
- Károly-Konstantin Mihály István Mária (Karl-Konstantin Michael Stephan Maria), b. Budapest, 20 July 2004)
- Georg has been a strong supporter of the Enlargement of the European Union. On 1 May 2004 he was chair of the Grand Europe Ball, a black tie charitable gala held at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel hotel in New York to celebrate this historic occasion.
- Georg is also the President of Red Cross in Hungary, Ambassador-at-large of Hungary and Knight of the Order of the Golden Fleece.
- He and his family live next to the village of Sóskút, in Pest County in Hungary.