About George Alexander Chisnall
Mr George Alexander Chisnall
- Born in Greenock Inverclyde Scotland
- Age: 35 years
- Marital Status: Married.
- Last Residence: at 53 High Street Itchen Hampshire England
- Occupation: Boilermaker
- Last Ship: Majestic (1890)
- Engine crew
- First Embarked: Belfast on Tuesday 2nd April 1912
- Died in the sinking.
- Body recovered by: Mackay-Bennett (No. 111)
- Buried: at Sea on Tuesday 23rd April 1912.
Mr George Alexander Chisnall, 35, was born in greenock and served his apprenticeship with Napier Brothers, Glasgow. on completion of his apprenticeship he joined White Star as boilermaker on board the Canopic. After 12 months at sea he went ashore and obtained employment with the Fairfield Shipbuilding Co. and then Caird & Co., Greenock. after a period with Elder Dempster & Co. in Liverpool he returned to White Star in May 1908 as boilermaker on board the Majestic. he lived in Southampton and left a wife and two children. His body was later recovered (#111) and buried at sea.