George's Top Matches
About George Baillie-Hamilton-Arden
Hamilton, from 1858 Baillie-Hamilton-Arden, 11th Earl of Haddington, George Baillie-. 26/07/1827-11/06/1917. Ref: 3345. Male.
- Titles and British Honours: 11th Earl of Haddington, KT, TD.
- Profession: Landowner.
- Appointments Held: Scottish Representative Peer, 1874-1917.
- Marital Status: Married (1854) Helen Catherine Warrender d. 1889.
- Mother: Georgina Markham d.1873.
- Father: George Baillie-Hamilton, 10th Earl of Haddington, 1802-70.
- References: Burke's Peerage.
- Date of Election: 01/03/1886.
- Proposers: Sir Thomas Grainger Stewart, Robert Grey, Sir William Turner, Peter Guthrie Tait.
- Resigned/Removed/Election Cancelled/Not Admitted: Resigned.
- Date of Resignation: Resigned 1891-2.
- Fellow Type: OF.
SOURCE: Waterston, Charles D; Macmillan Shearer, A (July 2006). Biographical index of former fellows of the Royal Society of Edinburgh, 1783-2002: Biographical Index. I. Edinburgh: The Royal Society of Edinburgh. ISBN 978-0-902198-84-5. page 406
George Baillie-Hamilton, 11th Earl of Haddington, KT's Timeline
July 26, 1827
Haddington, East Lothian, Scotland
October 17, 1854
December 24, 1856
Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland
June 11, 1917