Matching family tree profiles for George Seymour, Viscount Beauchamp
About George Seymour, Viscount Beauchamp
- 'George Seymour, Viscount Beauchamp
- 'M, #10479, b. 11 September 1725, d. 11 September 1744
- Last Edited=10 May 2003
- Consanguinity Index=0.27%
- ' George Seymour, Viscount Beauchamp was born on 11 September 1725. He was the son of Algernon Seymour, 7th Duke of Somerset and Frances Thynne. He died on 11 September 1744 at age 19, unmarried.
- He gained the title of Viscount Beauchamp.
- From: http://thepeerage.com/p1048.htm#i10479
- General Algernon Seymour, 7th Duke of Somerset (11 November 1684 – 7 February 1750) was the son of Charles Seymour, 6th Duke of Somerset and his wife, Elizabeth. He was styled Earl of Hertford until he succeeded to the Dukedom in 1748.
- In 1713, he married Frances Thynne, one of the daughters of Henry Thynne (1675–1708) and a granddaughter of Thomas Thynne, 1st Viscount Weymouth, and with her had two children:
- 'George Seymour, Viscount Beauchamp (11 September 1725 – 11 September 1744), died young.
- Elizabeth Seymour (1730 – 5 December 1776), married Sir Hugh Smithson 4th baronet later Earl of Northumberland in her right and had issue.
- The Duke was one of the richest landowners in England, but as he died with no son his estates were split after his death. The ducal title passed to a distant cousin Edward Seymour, 8th Duke of Somerset. Most of the traditional Percy estates passed to his daughter and her husband (see Alnwick Castle, Northumberland House and Syon House). Petworth in Sussex passed to the duke's nephew Charles Wyndham, 2nd Earl of Egremont. Later dukes of Somerset lived at Maiden Bradley, a far more modest estate than those already mentioned.
- From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algernon_Seymour,_7th_Duke_of_Somerset