|Birthplace:||Southold, Long Island (Present Suffolk County), (Present New York)|
|Death:||Died in Corchaug (Present Cutchogue), Suffolk County, Province of New York|
Son of Richard Terry; Richard Terry; Abigail Terry and Abigail Lines
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Gershom Terry
About Gershom Terry
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=78493139 Gershom Terry Birth: 1652 Death: Mar. 12, 1724 Cutchogue Suffolk County New York, USA
The transcribed date of death is 12 Mar 1724/5, indicating os/ns. FAG only provides one date or the other in the above birth date entry. The year in the birth date entry above is the Old Style date.
Parents: Richard Terry (1618 - 1676) Abigail Lines Terry (1614 - 1686) Spouse: Deborah Wells Terry (1662 - 1729) Children: Gershom Terry (1684 - 1725)*
- Calculated relationship
Inscription: Gershom Terry, died 03/12/1724/5, age 72
Burial: Old Burying Ground Cutchogue Suffolk County New York, USA
Created by: Silverfox Record added: Oct 15, 2011 Find A Grave Memorial# 78493139
- LINES, Abigail
- b. ABT 1624
- d. Southold, Suffolk, NY.
- Marriage: 22 MAY 1649 Enfield, Hartford, CT.
- Spouse: TERRY, Richard
- b. AUG 1618 England
- d. ABT 1676 Southold, Suffolk, NY.
- TERRY, Abigail b. 7 MAR 1649/50 Southold, Suffolk, NY. d. 1698
- TERRY, Gershom b. 7 NOV 1652 Southold, Suffolk, NY. d. 14 MAR 1723/4 New York
- TERRY, Nathaniel b. 7 JAN 1655/6 New York d. 23 OCT 1723 Southold, Suffolk, NY.
- TERRY, Sarah b. AUG 1658 Southold, Suffolk, NY.
- TERRY, Richard b. 25 MAR 1660 Southold, Suffolk, NY. d. 21 FEB 1722/3
- TERRY, John
- TERRY, Samuel b. 1 APR 1664 Southold, Suffolk, NY.
- TERRY, Elizabeth b. 2 APR 1666 Southold, Suffolk, NY. d. 4 FEB 1704/5
- TERRY, Mary b. FEB 1667/8 Southold, Suffolk, NY. d. 4 FEB 1704/5 New York
- TERRY, Bethia b. 13 SEP 1672 Southold, Suffolk, NY. d. 11 OCT 1739 Southold, Suffolk, NY.
- From: http://www.genealogyofnewengland.com/f_304.htm#21
- Town of Southold, Long Island. Personal index prior to 1698, and index of 1698 .. (1868)
- 634 2Terry, Gershom, son of 1Richard, B. 1652, D. 14 Mar. 1724/5, AE. 72-4: M. Deborah, No. 635; C., prob. Gershom, No. 636
- -David, prob. B. after 1698; M. Mehitable _ and D. 1778/9
- - Mary, under 18 in 1725.
- 635. Terry, Deborah, wife of No. 634, D. wid. 21 Oct., 1729, AE. 67.
- 636. Terry, Gershom, jun., prob. son of No. 634, D. 17 Feb., 1724/5: M. Mary __ after 1698, who D. wid. 25/6 Sept., 1728; C, prob. Gershom, who M., 1, Mary Wells in 1733; 2, Bethia Wells in 1749.
- 1737. His son on list of freeholders.
- 637. Terry, Deborah, jun., prob. dau. of Nos. 634 and 635.
- 638. Terry, Abigail, prob. dau. of Nos. 634 and 635.
- A history of Mattituck, Long Island, N.Y. (1906)
- The three lots of William Wells were divided after his death, in 1671, among his four married daughters. Gershom Terry and his wife obtained the first lot to the west, John Goldsmith and Anna Wells, his wife, the middle lot. The eastern lot, the extra wide one, was divided into two half-lots, of which John Tuthill, Jr., and Mehetable Wells, his wife, received the western and Jonathan Horton and Bethiah Wells, his wife, the eastern. These half-lots were two miles long, about twenty- five rods wide at the road and narrower at the Sound.
Gershom Terry's Timeline
November 7, 1652
Southold, Long Island (Present Suffolk County), (Present New York)
Probably Southold, Suffolk County (Long Island), Province of New York
September 1, 1684
Southold, Suffolk, NY
March 14, 1725
Corchaug (Present Cutchogue), Suffolk County, Province of New York