About Gertrude Elizabeth Freeman
1910 Jan 21: A wedding of interest was solemnised on Wednesday afternoon at the Waikanae Anglican Church, when Mr Len Freeman, eldest surviving son of Mr Walter Freeman, was married to Miss G. E. Magdin, daughter of Mr and Mrs Magdin, of "Tilehurst," Stenedge, Herts, England. The bride, who was given away by Mr A. G. Williams, of Waikanae, was stylishly attired in glace silk, with an overdress of Brussels net and lace. She also wore a veil with orange blossoms. The veil had been worn by her mother. The bridesmaids were Miss Elsie Freeman, cousin of the bridegroom, and two smaller sisters of the bridegroom. The first-named was stylishly dressed in blue glace, with a black hat, and carried a pretty shower bouquet of sweet peas. The two little ones were attired in white frocks and Kitty Bellairs hats, and carried crooks bearing clusters of white sweet peas. Mr Jamieson, of Levin, acted as best man. The Rev. J. Edwin Jones was the officiating clergyman. A feature of the proceedings was the pretty effect in the church, willing hands having decorated the interior, a bridal bell being conspicuous. The bride's present to the bridegroom was a silver cigarette case, while from the bridegroom the bride received a Maltese lace scarf and a cameo pendant. The bridegroom's gift to the chief bridesmaid was a gold wish-bone brooch; to the smaller ones enamelled bracelets. After the ceremony a large number of relatives and friends were entertained at Mahara House, after which the bridal pair left by motor car for Wellington, where they caught the boat for Nelson.
Lived in Sydney, Australia