Matching family tree profiles for Giovanni Basilico
About Giovanni Basilico
- Name: Sig. Giovanni Basilico
- Born: Saturday 14th February 1885
- Age: 27 years
- Marital Status: Single.
- Last Residence: at 27 Old Compton Street London London England - Map
- Occupation: Waiter
- A la Carte crew
- First Embarked: Southampton
- Died in the sinking.
- Body Not Recovered
Sig. Giovanni Basilico was born in Ceriano Laghetto (Milan), Italy on 14 February 1885, the son of Cesare Basilico and Giuseppa Natalina Campi.
When he signed-on to the Titanic, on 6 April 1912, he gave his address as 27 Old Compton Street, London. The Titanic was his first ship. He boarded the Titanic on 10 April.
Basilico died in the sinking, his body, if recovered, was never identified.
His family received relief from the Mansion House fund:
Number C. 311.
- Basilico. Parents and six children received a grant of £25.
- Crew Particulars of Engagement
- Estratto per riassunto dal registro degli Atti di Nascita (Birth Certificate)
- Estratto per Riassunto dal Registro degli Atti di Morte (Death Certificate)
- Corriere Mercantile (Genova) 18 Aprile 1912, "Names of the Italians" (Translation)
- Corriere della Sera, 19 Aprile 1912, "Italians Shipwrecked" (Translation)
- Il Lavoro (Genova), 25 Maggio 1912, Le vittime italiane nel disastro del "Titanic"
- Agreement and Account of Crew (PRO London, BT100/259)
- Mansion House Titanic Relief Fund Booklets and Minute Books
- United States Senate, Washington 1912. n° 806, Crew List
- Claudio Mazza, Italy
- Hermann Söldner, Germany
- Brian Ticehurst, UK