Grgo (George) Perić Franković (1879 - 1928) Icn_world

‹ Back to Perić Franković surname

View Grgo (George) Perić Franković's complete profile:

  • See if you are related to Grgo (George) Perić Franković
  • Request to view Grgo (George) Perić Franković's family tree


Birthplace: Zivogosce, Croatia
Death: Died in Auckland, New Zealand
Managed by: Lynette Matulovich
Last Updated:

About Grgo (George) Perić Franković

The Frankovich Brothers are included in the book "From Distant Villages" by Stephen A Jelicich. Chapter 41, pp106, 107 Ivan, George and Frank Frankovich came to NZ in 1894 or 1895. In 1896, together with two Matutinovich brothers, they bought 12ha (30 acres) in Arkles Bay on the Whangaparoa Peninsula. Two years later, the families separated and the Frankovich brothers bought 40ha or 100 acres in Hobbs Bay. They planted grapes in 1898 on a 4-6ha block. By 1908, they were producing wine for trading in Auckland. In 1907, the brothers established a boarding house and billiard salloon in Durham St, where they sold wine to fellow croatians. At one stage, six brothers lived in NZ. Grgo/George managed the boarding house. After they sold to Luka Dean, the brothers opened a depot and shop at 149 Victoria St, where they sold wine in case lots. Produce from Hobbs Bay was also sold there. as good businessmen, they bought a launch "Kumi" to transport supplies from Hobbs Bay to Nelson St Wharf. The depot remained in business from 1916 to 1922 in which Grgo and Mate became property developers.

view all

Grgo (George) Perić Franković's Timeline

March 11, 1879
Zivogosce, Croatia
Age 48
April 8, 1928
Age 49
Auckland, New Zealand
Waikumete Cemetery, Auckland, New Zealand