About Gurshon "Gus" Cohen
- Name: Mr Gurshon "Gus" Cohen
- Born: Sunday 31st December 1893
- Age: 18 years
- Last Residence: in London London England
- Occupation: Printer / Compositor
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 3540 , £8 1s
- Destination: Brooklyn New York United States
- Rescued (boat 12)
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
- Died: Friday 4th August 1978
- Cause of Death: Renal Failure
Mr Gurshon ("Gus") Cohen, 18, was born 31 December 1893 in Whitechapel, London. He was an out of work printer who was seeking his fortune in America. He borrowed the equivalent of $32.00 and booked passage on the Adriatic, but the coal strike forced him to take the Titanic instead. His father saw him to the ship at Southampton on 10 April 1912.
Cohen managed to escape lifeboat 12. He later claimed that the last tune the orchestra played was not "Nearer My God to Thee."
Gus Cohen later worked as a cloth buyer. He and his wife lived in Southend on Sea, Essex. They had no children.
He died at Rochford Hospital, Rochford, Southend-on-Sea, on 4 August 1978.
- General Register Office Certified Copy of an Entry of Death
- George Behe, USA
- Phillip Gowam, USA
- Rob Ottmers, USA