About Hannah McFadden
- Name: Hannah McFadden
Tatyana was born in St. Petersburg, Russia, with a hole in her spine, a condition known as spina bifida. The operation that should have been done immediately on her wasn’t done for three weeks. It is a miracle, a genuine miracle, that she even lived.
Tatyana spent her first six years using her arms as legs, her hands as feet. When she was six, Deborah McFadden, then an American government official, visited the orphanage. The American woman felt a connection with this little Russian girl. She brought the little girl to the United States.
- Sport: Para Track and Field
- Event: 100m
- Height: 5’5”
- Current Residence: Clarksville, MD
- 2012 Paralympic Games
- Career Highlights:
- 2012 U.S. Paralympic Track & Field Trials – Bronze (100m)
- 2012 All-American High School Track
- 2011 All-American High School Track
- Six-time IWAS World Games Silver Medalist
- Youngest member of the 2012 U.S. Paralympic Track and Field Team…
- Sister Tatyana McFadden is an elite wheelchair racer also competing at the Paralympic Games… First time sisters have competed at the Games together…
- Enjoys swimming, scuba diving and wheelchair basketball…
- Honor Roll student…
- Enjoys cooking.