About Hans Linus Eklund
- Name: Mr Hans Linus Eklund
- Born: Wednesday 30th October 1895
- Age: 16 years
- Last Residence: in Kårberg Sweden
- Occupation: General Labourer
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 347074 , £7 15s 6d
- Destination: Jerome Junction Arizona United States
- Died in the sinking.
- Body Not Recovered
Mr Hans Linus Eklund, 16, was born 30 October 1895 the son of Augusta Amalia Albertina Eklund, from Kårberg, Skyllbergs bruk, Snavlunda, Närke, Sweden.
He was travelling from Kårberg to his brother Bernhard Eklund, Jerome Junction, Arizona. He boarded the Titanic at Southampton as a third class passenger , and died in the sinking, his body was never found.
Hans Eklund was probably supporting his mother, the only other known relative was the brother in Arizona. How dependent she was of his sons work is shown by the sum of the payments from the fund.
The Mansion House Fund paid 2699.52 Kr (£148) to mother. No damage claims were made.
References Mansion House Titanic Relief Fund Booklets and Minute Books Claes-Göran Wetterholm (1988, 1996, 1999) Titanic. Prisma, Stockholm. ISBN 91 518 3644 0
Acknowledgements Claes-Göran Wetterholm, Sweden
Contributors Leif Snellman, Finland