Henry's Top Matches
About Henry Cobb, Jr.
From the Find A Grave page on Henry Cobb:
Birth: Sep. 3, 1665 - Barnstable, Barnstable County, Massachusetts, USA
Death: Sep. 4, 1725 - Stonington, New London County, Connecticut, USA
He was a son of Henry Cobb Sr., and his second wife Sarah Hinckley. He married Lois Hallett April 10, 1690 at Barnstable. She was the daughter of Joseph Hallett and his wife Elizabeth Gorham.
Henry and Lois (Hallett) Cobb were dismissed from Barnstable church to the church at Stonington October 9, 1705. The transfer was read in the church at Stonington on November 11, 1705. (Otis: Hist. 1st Ch. Stonington.)
He died Sept. 24, 1725, and was buried near the center of the ancient graveyard at Wiequetequock (sic), two miles northeast of Stonington proper, where the first settlement was made. The headstone was seen and copied in 1874 by Edw. B. Cobb, but could not be found in 1885.
He was a farmer. Henry Cob & Lois Hallet married 10 of April 1690 pr Justice Thacher."- [From the book: A History of the Cobb Family by Philip L. Cobb.]
Henry Cobb Jr, and Lois Hallett had the following children:
- 1. Gideon Cobb, who married Margaret Fish.
- 2. Eunice Cobb, who married Lieut. Benadam Gallup, who was the son of Benadam Gallup and Esther Prentice.
- 3. Lois Cobb, who married Samuel Stanton.
- 4. Nathan Cobb
- 5. Ebenezer Cobb
- 6. Mary Cobb
- 7. Henry Cobb III, who married 1st Mary Babcock, and 2nd Prudence Champlin
- 8. Hallet Cobb, who married Bridget Champlin
- Henry Cobb (____ - 1679)
- Sarah Hinckley Cobb (1629 - ____)
- Eunice Cobb Gallup (1693 - 1759)*
- Lois Hallett Cobb (1672 - 1726)
Burial: Wequetequock Burial Ground, Stonington, New London County, Connecticut, USA
Created by: Sharon Hanson Frey
- Record added: Jun 30, 2009
- Find A Grave Memorial# 38917211
Henry Cobb, Jr.'s Timeline
September 3, 1665
Barnstable, Barnstable County, Plymouth Colony (Present Massachusetts), (Present USA)
April 10, 1690
Massachusetts, United States
April 11, 1691
September 18, 1693
Barnstable, Barnstable, MA, USA
Stonington, New London County, Connecticut Colony
April 13, 1710
Stonington, Windham, Connecticut, United States
May 26, 1719