Son of Rt. Rev. Lord George Murray and Anne Charlotte Murray
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Henry Murray
About Henry Murray
Not listed on Burke's Peerage online
Henry Otway1 M, #17550, d. 13 September 1815
Henry Otway was the son of Cooke Otway.2 He married Sarah Cave, Baroness Braye, daughter of Sir Thomas Cave, 6th Bt. and Sarah Edwards, on 25 February 1790 at St. George's Church, St. George Street, Hanover Square, London, England.3 He died on 13 September 1815.3 He was buried at Stanford Hall, Rugby, Northamptonshire, England.3
He lived at Castle Otway, County Tipperary, Ireland.4 He held the office of High Sheriff of Leicestershire in 1804.3
Children of Henry Otway and Sarah Cave, Baroness Braye
- Hon. Robert Otway-Cave3 d. 29 Nov 1844
- Hon. Anne Otway-Cave3 d. 22 May 1871
- Hon. Catherine Otway-Cave1 d. 4 Nov 1875
- Hon. Maria Otway-Cave3 b. 24 Dec 1792, d. 13 May 1879
- Henrietta Otway-Cave, Baroness Braye+3 b. 3 Nov 1809, d. 14 Nov 1879
- [S6] G.E. Cokayne; with Vicary Gibbs, H.A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, Duncan Warrand and Lord Howard de Walden, editors, The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant, new ed., 13 volumes in 14 (1910-1959; reprint in 6 volumes, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 2000), volume II, page 42. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Peerage.
- [S37] Charles Mosley, editor, Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage, 107th edition, 3 volumes (Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.A.: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 2003), volume 1, page 492. Hereinafter cited as Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 107th edition.
- [S6] Cokayne, and others, The Complete Peerage, volume II, page 289.
- [S6] Cokayne, and others, The Complete Peerage, volume II, page 288.
http://www.archive.org/stream/heraldryofmurray00john#page/24/mode/2up Page 24 No. 105d-5
- 105(d) George Murray, born 30th January 1761; died 3rd June 1803. In 1801 he was made Bishop of St. David's. He married, 18th December 1780, Anne, daughter of Lieutenant-General Francis Grant, and had:
- 105(d)1 Captain John Murray, R.N., born 10th November 1784 ; died December 1803.
- 105(d)2 George Murray, born 12th January 1786; B-P' 1784 died 16th February 1860. He was Bishop of Rochester 1827-60. On 5th May 1811 he married Sarah Hay, daughter of Robert, ninth Earl of Kinnoull, and had issue.
- 105(d)3 Charles Murray, died January 1808. He married, 1806, Anne, daughter of Thomas Dashwood.
- 105(d)4 Edward Murray, born 5th November 1798; died 1st July 1852. He was Vicar of Northolt, Middlesex. On 14th February 1822 he married Ruperta, only child of Sir George Wright, Bt, and had issue.
- 105(d)5 Henry Murray, born February 1800; died s.p. 26th November 1831. He married, 19th October 1829, Catherine, daughter of Henry Otway and his wife, Baroness Braye.