About Henry Parker
- 'Henry Parker, 10th Lord Morley1
- 'M, #80525, b. circa 1486, d. 27 November 1556
- Father Sir William Parker d. 1510
- Mother Alice Lovel b. c 1467, d. 23 Dec 1518
- ' Henry Parker, 10th Lord Morley was born circa 1486 at of London, Middlesex, England; Age 33+ in 1519.2 He married Alice (Anne) St. John, daughter of Sir John St. John, Sheriff of Bedfordshire & Buckinghamshire and Sibyl ferch Morgan, before 1505.3,4 Henry Parker, 10th Lord Morley died on 27 November 1556 at Great Hallingbury, Morley, Essex, England.
- 'Family Alice (Anne) St. John b. c 1484
- Sir Henry Parker, Master of Morley+5 d. 6 Jan 1552
- Jane Parker6 b. c 1505, d. 13 Feb 1542
- 1.[S11568] The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain, and the United Kingdom, by George Edward Cokayne, Vol. IX, p. 221-224.
- 2.[S11568] The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain, and the United Kingdom, by George Edward Cokayne, Vol. IX, p. 221.
- 3.[S11568] The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain, and the United Kingdom, by George Edward Cokayne, Vol. IX, p. 223.
- 4.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 628.
- 5.[S11568] The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain, and the United Kingdom, by George Edward Cokayne, Vol. IX, p. 224-5.
- 6.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. I, p. 387.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p2680.htm#i80525
- Alice Lovel later Parker, suo jure Baroness Morley and de jure suo jure Baroness Marshal
- born c. 1467
- mar. (1) bef. 1486 Sir William Parker, Standard Bearer to King Richard III (d. after 1504)
- only child by first husband
- '1. Hon Henry Parker, later 10th Baron Morley and de jure 11th Baron Marshal
- mar. (2) bef. Jan 1505/6 as his second wife Lord Edward Howard KG, Lord High Admiral of England 1513 (dsp. in a naval engagement off Brest 25 Apr 1513), 2nd son of Thomas [Howard], 2nd Duke of Norfolk, by his first wife Elizabeth Bourchier, widow of Sir Humphrey Bourchier and dau. and hrss. of Sir Frederick Tilney, of Ashwellthorpe, co. Norfolk
- died 23 Dec 1518
- 'suc. by son by first husband
- 'Henry [Parker], 10th Baron Morley and de jure 11th Baron Marshal
- 'born c. 1486
- 'mar. bef. 1505 Alice St John (bur. 23 Nov 1553 at Great Hallingbury, co. Essex), dau. of Sir John St John, of Bletsoe, co. Bedford (by his wife Alice Bradshaigh, dau. of Thomas Bradshaigh, of Haigh, co. Lancaster), 1st son and heir of Sir Oliver St John, of Penmark, co. Glamorgan, by his wife Margaret Beauchamp, de jure suo jure Baroness Beauchamp of Bletsoe (mar. (2) John [Beaufort], 1st Duke of Somerset, and was grandmother of King Henry VII), sister and hrss. of John [Beauchamp], 4th Baron Beauchamp of Bletsoe, and only dau. of John [Beauchamp], 3rd Baron Beauchamp, by his wife Edith Stourton, dau. of Sir John Stourton
(NOTE: Alice St. John in other references is listed as dau. of Sibyl ferch Morgan & John St. John which make her a granddau. of Alice Bradshaigh & John St John)
- 1. Hon Sir Henry Parker, Page of the Chamber to King Henry VIII 1516, created a Knight of the Bath at the Coronation of Queen Anne Boleyn 1533 (dvp. 6 Jan 1551/2), mar. (1) 18 May 1523 Grace Newport, dau. and hrss. of John Newport, of Pelham Furneux, and had issue: ....
- Hon Sir Henry Parker mar. (2) in or bef. 1549 Elizabeth Calthorpe (b. c. 1521; mar. (2) c 11 Nov 1552 Sir William Woodhouse, of Hickling, co. Norfolk (d. 22 Nov 1563), and (3) Dru Drury, of Norwich; d. 26 May 1578), dau. and hrss. of Sir Philip Calthorpe, of Erwarton, co. Suffolk, and had issue: ....
- 2. Hon Francis Parker
- 1. Hon Jane Parker, a Lady of the Bedchamber to Queen Anne Boleyn, Queen Jane Seymour, Queen Anne of Cleves and Queen Margaret Howard, charged with being procuress for Queen Margaret and attainted by Act of Parliament 11 Feb 1541/2 (b. c. 1510; d. by execution 13 Feb 1541/2), mar. c. 1526 Hon George Boleyn, styled Viscount Rochford, Cupbearer to the King 1526. Gentleman of the Privy Chamber 1527, Esquire of the Body 1528, Master of the Buckhounds 1528, knighted 1529, on embassies to France 1529, 1530, 1533 and 1534, cr. Baron Rochford c. 1530, Lord Warden of the Cinque Ports 1534-36, envoy to Calais 1535, a Commissioner to try Sir Thomas More 1535, Privy Councillor (sic?), arrested 2 may and attainted 15 May 1536 (dsp. by execution 17 May 1536), brother of Queen Anne Boleyn, only son of Thomas [Boleyn], 1st Earl of Wiltshire and 1st Earl of Ormonde, by his wife Lady Elizabeth Howard, 1st dau. of Thomas [Howard], 2nd Duke of Norfolk, by his first wife Elizabeth Bourchier, widow of Sir Humphrey Bourchier and dau. and hrss. of Sir Frederick Tilney, of Ashwellthorpe, co. Norfolk
- 2. Hon Margaret Parker (d. 15 Nov 1558), mar. Sir John Shelton, of Shelton, co. Norfolk (b. c. 1509; d. 15 Nov 1558), 1st son and heir of Sir John Shelton, of Shelton, co. Norfolk, by his wife Anne Boleyn, dau. of Sir William Boleyn, of Blickling, co. Norfolk, and had issue
- 3. Hon Elizabeth Parker
- 'died 27 Nov 1556 (bur. at Great Hallingbury, co. Essex)
- 'suc. by grandson
- From: http://www.cracroftspeerage.co.uk/online/
- 'Henry PARKER (1º B. Morley)
- 'Born: 1476
- 'Died: 25 Nov 1556, Great Hallingbury, Essex, England
- 'Buried: 3 Dec 1556, Great Hallingbury, Essex, England
- 'Notes: brought up in the household of Margaret Beaufort. Lady Margaret paid five hundred marks to the new husband of his mother, Sir Edward Howard, to make sure that young Henry kept some family land.
- Father: William PARKER (Sir)
- Mother: Alice LOVELL (B. Morley)
- 'Married: Alice St. JOHN (B. Morley)
- 1. Henry PARKER (Sir)
- 2. Jane PARKER (V. Rochford)
- 3. Margaret PARKER
- 4. Elizabeth PARKER
- 5. Francis PARKER
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/PARKER.htm#Henry PARKER (1º B. Morley)
- 'Henry Parker1
- M, #567505
- Last Edited=9 Nov 2012
- ' Henry Parker married Alice St. John.1
- 'Child of Henry Parker and Alice St. John
- 1.Mary Parker+1 b. 1500, d. 15 Nov 1558
- 1.[S5792] Robin Dening, "re: Rochfort Family," e-mail message to Darryl Roger LUNDY (101053), 2 January 2012. Hereinafter cited as "re: Rochfort Family."
- From: http://www.thepeerage.com/p56751.htm#i567505
Henry Parker, 10th Baron Morley, 11th Baron Marshal's Timeline
Great Hallingbury, Essex, United Kingdom
Bledsoe, Bedfordshire, England
Blickling, near Norwich, Norfolk, England
Blickling, Norfolk, England
November 27, 1556
December 3, 1556
Great Hallingbury, Essex, United Kingdom