About Honora Hay (Denny)
From Darryl Lundy's Peerage page on Honora Denny:
Lady Honora Denny 
- F, #13773,
- d. circa August 1614
- Last Edited=6 Mar 2011
- Consanguinity Index=0.46%
Lady Honora Denny was the daughter of Edward Denny, 1st and last Earl of Norwich and Lady Mary Cecil.
She married James Hay, 1st Earl of Carlisle, son of Sir James Hay and Margaret Murray, on 6 January 1608.
She died circa August 1614, after a miscarriage. She was buried on 16 August 1614 at Waltham Abbey, Essex, England, at night.
From 6 January 1607/8, her married name became Hay.
According to John Pym's Note Book "The Lady Honoria ... coming in her coache out of towne somewhat late, either from a masque or supper about Ludgate Hill had a very rich jewel pulled violent from her forehead by a fellowe who was presently taken, and although she was an earnest suitor to the Kinge for him, was hanged for it in Fleet Street; she being greate with childe, and by reason of the sudden fright miscarrying died about a week after."
Children of Lady Honora Denny and James Hay, 1st Earl of Carlisle
- 1. James Hay  b. 12 Jun 1610, d. c 13 Jun 1610
- 2. James Hay, 2nd Earl of Carlisle  b. c 1612, d. 30 Oct 1660
- 1. [S6] G.E. Cokayne; with Vicary Gibbs, H.A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, Duncan Warrand and Lord Howard de Walden, editors, The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant, new ed., 13 volumes in 14 (1910-1959; reprint in 6 volumes, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 2000), volume III, page 32. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Peerage.
- 2. [S37] Charles Mosley, editor, Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage, 107th edition, 3 volumes (Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.A.: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 2003), volume 1, page 1094. Hereinafter cited as Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 107th edition.
- 3. [S6] Cokayne, and others, The Complete Peerage, volume III, page 33.