About Hugh H. Roberts
- Name: Mr Hugh H. Roberts
- Born in Holyhead Anglesey Wales
- Age: 40 years
- Marital Status: Married.
- Last Residence: at 39 Mildmay Road, Bootle Liverpool Merseyside England - Map
- Occupation: Bed Room Steward
- Last Ship: Baltic
- Victualling crew
- First Embarked: Belfast on Monday 1st April 1912
- Died in the sinking. Body recovered by: Mackay-Bennett (No. 93)
- Buried: at Sea on Tuesday 23rd April 1912.
Mr Hugh H. Roberts, 40, was born in Holyhead.
He was on board the Titanic for her delivery trip from Belfast to Southampton. When he signed-on again, in Southampton, on 4 April 1912, he gave his address as 39 Midmay Rd. Bootle (?). His last ship had been the Baltic. As a bedroom steward he received monthly wages of £3 15s.
Roberts died in the sinking. His body was recovered by the Mackay-Bennett (#93) and buried at sea on 23 April 1912.
NO. 93. - MALE. - ESTIMATED AGE, 30. - HAIR AND MOUSTACHE, LIGHT.
CLOTHING - Black coat; steward's coat; two waistcoats; black boots; brown and blue striped pajamas; false teeth top jaw.
NO MARKS ON BODY OR CLOTHING.
EFFECTS - Ship's keys; letter in pocket to "H.H. Roberts".
NAME - H. H. ROBERTS. 39 Mary Rd., Liverpool.
References and Sources Agreement and Account of Crew (PRO London, BT100/259) Particulars of Engagement (Belfast), Ulster Folk and Transport Museum (TRANS 2A/45 381) White Star Line (1912.) Record of Bodies and Effects (Passengers and Crew S.S. "Titanic") Recovered by Cable Steamer "MacKay Bennett"