Hugh Thomas Davenport, of Henbury
|Also Known As:||"Huchon Davenport"|
|Birthplace:||Cheshire, England, United Kingdom|
|Death:||Died in Cheshire, England, United Kingdom|
Son of Thomas Davenport and Margaret de Venables
|Managed by:||Carole (Erickson) Pomeroy, Vol. ...|
Matching family tree profiles for Hugh Thomas Davenport of Henbury
About Hugh Thomas Davenport of Henbury
- 'A history and genealogy of the Davenport family, in England and America, from A. D. 1086 to 1850 .. (1851)
- Sir John (alias Sir Jenkin) Davenport, third son of Thomas of Wheltrough, and grandson of Sir Thomas Davenport of Davenport, married Elizabeth, daughter and co-heiress of Peter Legh of Betchton. Their children were, 1st, Thomas, ancestor of the Davenports of Henbury ; 2d, John, living 1366 ; 3d, Nicholas, ancestor of the Davenports of Woodford and Capesthorne, living 1371; 4th, Griffin Davenport.
- Thomas Davenport of Henbury, eldest son of Sir Jenkin, married Margaret, daughter of Hugh Venables, living in 1371. From him the Henbury line of descent was as follows : 'Hugh, son and heir '; Thomas ; Thomas ; Thomas; John (Inq. post-mortem 1556); Randle (Inq. p. m. 1614) ; William (fifteen years old in 1580) ; John ; William, whose only child and heiress was Isabella, who became the wife of Sir Fulk Lucy, kt. member of Parliament for the county of Chester in 1664, and who thus came into possession of the Henbury estate*
- NINTH GENERATION— Continued.
- Issue of Thomas Davenport of Wheltrough, (No. 21.)
- (38.) III. Sir John Davenport, (called also Jenkin, to distinguish him from his elder brother of that name,) knight, justice of Lancastershire, 1384, and who became the purchaser of Henbury. He married Elizabeth, daughter and coheiress of Peter Legh of Betcherton.
- TENTH GENERATION.
- Issue of Sir John Davenport, (No. 38.)
- (41.) II. Thomas Davenport, ancestor of the Davenports of Henbury, named 1st, in the Henbury entail, 1366, and 3d, in the Woodford entail, 1371. He married Margaret,
- daughter of Hugh Venables, who was afterwards married to Sir William Newport.
- ELEVENTH GENERATION.
- Issue of Thomas Davenport, (No. 41.)
- ' (45.) I. Hugh Davenport of Henbury, who married for his first wife, Ellen, daughter of William Massey, Esq. She was the mother of his issue. His second wife was Jane, daughter of Sir Thomas Whootton of , Chester, knight, Inq. post mortem, 1418.
- (46.) II. Thomas Davenport of Butley.
- TWELFTH GENERATION.
- ' Issue of Hugh Davenport, (No. 45.)
- (47.) I. Thomas Davenport, of Henbury, who married Margery, daughter of Randle Mainwaring of Carincham.
- (48.) II. Margery Davenport, who married Ralph Davenport of Davenport.
- (49.) III. Margaret Davenport, married Randle Mainwaring of Carincham.
- (50.) IV. Parnell Davenport, married William Somerford of Somerford.
- (51.) V. William Davenport.
- (52.) VI. John Davenport.
ACCORDING TO THE OTHER SOURCE THIS WIFE MAY NOT BE CORRECT
- 'Hugh Davenport
- 'M, b. circa 1350, d. 23 August 1415
- Father Thomas Davenport b. c 1327, d. c 1390
- Mother Margaret Venables b. c 1330, d. a 1417
- ' Hugh Davenport was born circa 1350 at of Wheltrough, Cheshire, England. He married Margaret Bostock, daughter of Adam Bostock and Janet Bradshaw, circa 1379.1 Hugh Davenport died on 23 August 1415.
- 'Family Margaret Bostock
- Thomas Davenport+ b. c 1380, d. a 1443
- 1.[S61] Unknown author, Family Group Sheets, SLC Archives.
Hugh Thomas Davenport of Henbury's Timeline
Cheshire, England, United Kingdom
England, United Kingdom
Prestbury, Cheshire, England, United Kingdom
Henbury, Cheshire East, UK
August 23, 1414
Cheshire, England, United Kingdom