About Ida Augusta Margareta Andersson
- Name: Miss Ida Augusta Margareta Andersson
- Born: Monday 24th November 1873
- Age: 38 years
- Last Residence: in Vadsbro Sörmland Sweden
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 347091 , £7 15s 6d
- Destination: Manistee Michigan United States
- Died in the sinking.
- Body Not Recovered
Miss Ida Augusta Margareta Andersson, 38, was born 24 November 1873 the daughter of Johan Anders Carlsson from Sunden, Ingelstorp, Västergötland, Sweden. She was the youngest of four sisters: Elizabeth, Hilda and Hilma Susanna 1.
Ida's sister Hilda was was married to an Axel Johnson Sr. in Michigan and she died in childbirth on 7th March, 1909. Hilda was caring for her own 7 children and the 3 children of Axel's older brother Andrew. Ida was to come to America and care for all 10 children. Family members believe that Ida was going to marry Axel but that Andrew had also shown an interest in her.
Her other known family was a sister in law: Greta Olsson, Diket, Piggatorp, Ingelstorp.
Ida was unmarried and worked as housekeeper on Lagmansbro farm, Vadsbro, Sörmland, Sweden. She was on her way from Vadsbro to her sister Hilma S. Peterson, 408 Sibben St. Manistee, Michigan.
She boarded the Titanic at Southampton as a third class passenger and died in the sinking. Her body was not recovered.
The Mansion House Fund paid 874.08 Kr (£48) to Greta Olsson and a 924 Kr (£50) damage claim was paid to Ida's father Johan Carlsson.
1.Hilma Susannah Peterson (née Andersson) was born on 3rd November, 1876 in Svenstorp, Skarab, Sweden.
2. Some of this information was contained in a letter (date unknown) written by Ester, the eldest daughter of August and Elizabeth Johnson, Elizabeth being Ida's sister. At the time she was living at 407 S. Madison, Ludington Michigan. The letter also mentions that Mr Astor who went down on the ship owned an insurance company and that "Aster Insurance" settled $300 for each of Axel's first children.
- Mansion House Titanic Relief Fund Booklets and Minute Books
- Claes-Göran Wetterholm (1988, 1996, 1999) Titanic. Prisma, Stockholm. ISBN 91 518 3644 0
- Axel Johnson (grandson of Axel Johnson)
- Claes-Göran Wetterholm, Sweden
- Roy Mengot, USA
- Leif Snellman, Finland