About Ingvald Olai Olsen Hagland
- Name: Mr Ingvald Olai Olsen Hagland
- Born: Friday 8th February 1884
- Age: 28 years
- Last Residence: in Skaare Norway
- Occupation: General Labourer
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 65303 , £6 19s 4d
- Destination: Belmar New Jersey United States
- Died in the sinking.
- Body Not Recovered
Mr Ingvald Olai Olsen Hagland, 28, was born in Skaare, Stavanger, Norway on February 8, 1884, one of eight children born to Ole Andreas Hagland and Anna-Martha Sjurddatter Brekke.
Ingvald emigrated to New York City around 1900 where he worked as a fisherman in New Jersey. In 1909 Ingvald returned to Skaare where he married Bertha Kristine Hagland, sister of Konrad Mathias Reiersen Hagland, who lived only a short distance away. The couple had two children.
In 1912 Ingvald decided to return to America, and he was to be accompanied by his brother-in-law Konrad Hagland. Ingvald and Konrad Hagland boarded the Titanic at Southampton as third class passengers. Ingvald held ticket number 65303, which cost £6, 19s, 4d. His destination was Belmar, New Jersey. The men shared a cabin with Bernt Johannessen and Daniel Grønnestad.
Hagland died in the disaster, his body, if recovered, was never identified.
- Contract Ticket List, White Star Line 1912 (National Archives, New York; NRAN-21-SDNYCIVCAS-55)
- Marriages, births, deaths and injuries that have occurred on board during the voyage (PRO London, BT 100/259-260)
- Per Kristian Sebak (1998) Titanic: 31 Norske Skjebner, Genesis Publishers
- Per Kristian Sebak, Norway
Ingvald Olai Olsen Hagland's Timeline
February 8, 1884
April 15, 1912
At Sea - Titanic Casualty