|Nicknames:||"Isabel Stuart", "Isabel Stewart of Albany"|
|Birthplace:||Dundonald, Ayrshire, Scotland|
|Death:||Died in Dirleton, East Lothian, Scotland|
Daughter of Robert Stewart, 1st Duke of Albany and Margaret Stewart, Countess of Menteith (in suo iure)
|Managed by:||Hannelore Caulk Scheu|
Matching family tree profiles for Isabel Stewart, of Albany
About Isabel Stewart
Isabella Stewart is the daughter of Robert Stewart, 1st Duke of Albany and Margaret Graham, Countess of Menteith. She married, firstly, Alexander Leslie, 7th Earl of Ross, son of Walter Leslie, Earl of Ross and Eupheme de Ross, Countess of Ross, before 1398. She married, secondly, Walter Haliburton between 1402 and 1408.
Children of Isabella Stewart and Walter Haliburton
* Sir Walter Haliburton+ d. b 1447
* Christian Haliburton+
Child of Isabella Stewart and Alexander Leslie, 7th Earl of Ross
* Eupheme Leslie, 8th Countess of Ross d. a 1424
- Full text of "The Scots peerage; founded on Wood's edition of Sir Robert Douglas's peerage of Scotland; containing an historical and genealogical account of the nobility of that kingdom"
- VII. Alexander Lesley, Earl of Ross, succeeded his mother about 1394, though he is, on 5 September of that year, described as heir-apparent of the earldom.' He was certainly Earl of Ross before 5 February 1398-99, when he resigned the barony of Fythkill (now Leslie) in favour of his cousin Sir George Leslie of Rothes ; and he also, on 8 November 1398, granted to Sir George the lands of Woodfleld, Pitnamoon, and others, in return for 200 merks lent to the Earl to relieve his lands and earldom out of the hands of the Grown. He did not, however, live long to enjoy it, as he died at Dingwall on 8 May 1402.' 'Married before 1398 Isabel, elder daughter of Robert Stewart, Earl of Fife and Duke of Albany, Regent of Scotland, third son of Robert ii. She married, secondly, before February 1407-8, Walter of Haliburton.' The Earl had issue :—
- VIII. EuPHBMiA, de jure Countess of Ross ...........
- 'Isabella Stewart1
- F, #107982
- Last Edited=31 Mar 2008
- Consanguinity Index=0.17%
- 'Isabella Stewart is the daughter of Robert Stewart, 1st Duke of Albany and Margaret Graham, Countess of Menteith.1 She married, firstly, Alexander Leslie, 7th Earl of Ross, son of Walter Leslie, Earl of Ross and Eupheme de Ross, Countess of Ross, before 1398.1 She married, secondly, Walter Haliburton between 1402 and 1408.1
- Children of 'Isabella Stewart and Walter Haliburton
- 1.Sir Walter Haliburton+1 d. b 1447
- 2.Christian Haliburton+1
- Child of 'Isabella Stewart and Alexander Leslie, 7th Earl of Ross
- 1.Eupheme Leslie, 8th Countess of Ross1 d. a 1424
- 1.[S11] Alison Weir, Britain's Royal Family: A Complete Genealogy (London, U.K.: The Bodley Head, 1999), page 219. Hereinafter cited as Britain's Royal Family.
- 'Isobel Stewart1
- Father Robert Stewart, Duke of Albany, Earl Menteith, Fife, Buchan, Atholl b. 1339, d. 2 Sep 1420
- Mother Margaret Graham, Countess of Menteith b. b 1334, d. b 4 May 1380
- 'Isobel Stewart Had children by both husbands. She married Alexander Leslie, 7th Earl of Ross, son of Walter Leslie, Earl of Ross and Euphemia Ross, before 1398.2 Isobel Stewart married Sir Walter Haliburton, son of Sir John Haliburton and Margaret Cameron, on 2 February 1407.
- Family Sir Walter Haliburton d. b 10 May 1447
- ◦Christian Halyburton+
- 1.[S260] Unknown author, The Lineage and Ancestry of HRH Prince Charles, by Gerald Paget, Vol. 1, p. 159.
- 2.[S11563] The Scots Peerage, Vol. I, edited by Sir James Balfour Paul, p. 149.
- Full text of "Historical records of the family of Leslie from 1067 to 1868-69. Collected from public records and authentic private sources"
- (Please excuse the Typo's from this web site)
- George, Earl of Kothes, married, secondly, in 1440, 'Christian, daughter of Walter, Lord Halyburton of Dirleton, by Lady Isabel Stewart, eldest daughter of Eobert, Duke of Albany, and relict of Alexander Leslie, Earl of Eoss'. By Christian Halyburton the Earl of Eothes had issue
- I. ANDREW, Master of Rothes, of whom hereafter.
- II. LADY ELIZABETH LESLIE, married in 1485 to William, third Earl of Errol. .... Etc.
- 'The Douglas Archives
- 'A collection of historical and genealogical records
- This site lists Christina (Of Dirleton) Halyburton as daughter of Walter (Of Dirleton) Halyburton, b. Abt 1363 and Isabel (Of Albany) Stewart, b. Abt 1363.
Isabella Stewart1 F, #105319, b. between 1350 and 1355, d. circa 1410 Last Edited=20 Jan 2011
Isabella Stewart was born between 1350 and 1355. She was the daughter of Robert II Stewart, King of Scotland and Elizabeth Mure of Rowallan.2 She married, firstly, James Douglas, 2nd Earl of Douglas, son of William Douglas, 1st Earl of Douglas and Margaret, Countess of Mar, after 24 September 1371.1 She married, secondly, Sir John Edmonston between 1388 and 1390.1 She died circa 1410.1 From after 24 September 1371, her married name became Douglas. From between 1388 and 1390, her married name became Edmonston.1
[S11] Alison Weir, Britain's Royal Families: The Complete Genealogy (London, U.K.: The Bodley Head, 1999), page 222. Hereinafter cited as Britain's Royal Families. [S323] Sir James Balfour Paul, The Scots Peerage: founded on Wood's edition of Sir Robert Douglas's The Peerage of Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland: David Douglas, 1904), volume I, page 16. Hereinafter cited as The Scots Peerage.
Isabel Stewart, of Albany's Timeline
Dundonald, Ayrshire, Scotland
February 7, 1408
October 26, 1410
Dirleton, East Lothian, Scotland
Dirleton, East Lothian, Scotland