Isabel de la Pole
|Birthplace:||Of, Cotton, Suffolk, England|
|Death:||Died in Norwich|
|Place of Burial:||Norwich|
Daughter of Michael de la Pole, 2nd Earl of Suffolk; Michael de la Pole, 3rd Earl of Suffolk; Elizabeth Cathrine Mowbray and Katherine de Stafford, Countess of Suffolk
About Isabel de la Pole
- Isabel de la Pole1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
- F, #32204, b. circa 1393, d. 8 February 1467
- Father Sir Michael de la Pole, 2nd Earl Suffolk, 2nd Lord de la Pole, Justice of the Peace for Norfolk & Suffolk2,3,10,5,6,11,8,9 b. c 1367, d. 18 Sep 1415
- Mother Katherine Stafford2,3,10,6,11,9 d. 8 Apr 1419
- Isabel de la Pole was born circa 1393. She married Sir Thomas Morley, 5th Lord Morley, Lord Marshal, Marshal of Ireland, son of Sir Robert Morley and Isabel Moleyns, circa 5 February 1403; They had 1 son (Robert, 6th Lord Morley) and 2 daughters (Elizabeth, wife of Sir John Arundell; & Anne, wife of John Hastings, Esq.).2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 Isabel de la Pole left a will on 3 May 1463.2,6,9 She died on 8 February 1467; Buried in the chancel of Hingham, Norfolk.2,6,9 Her estate was probated on 27 February 1467.2,6,9
- Family Sir Thomas Morley, 5th Lord Morley, Lord Marshal, Marshal of Ireland b. c 1393, d. 6 Dec 1435
- Elizabeth Morley+12,2,6,9 d. bt 12 Nov 1446 - 5 Mar 1451
- Anne Morley+13,5,6,8,9 b. c 1413, d. 1471
- Robert Morley, 6th Lord Morley+14,6,9 b. 20 Nov 1418, d. 25 Sep 1442
- 1.[S9920] Unknown author, The Complete Peerage, by Cokayne, Vol. VI, p. 360; Plantagenet Ancestry of 17th Century Colonists, by David Faris, p. 99, 233; Wallop Family, p. 567.
- 2.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 518.
- 3.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 687-689.
- 4.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. II, p. 42.
- 5.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. II, p. 117.
- 6.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. III, p. 182.
- 7.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. II, p. 417.
- 8.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. II, p. 499.
- 9.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. IV, p. 156.
- 10.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. II, p. 40-41.
- 11.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. II, p. 416-417.
- 12.[S11568] The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain, and the United Kingdom, by George Edward Cokayne, Vol. IX, p. 218.
- 13.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 289-290.
- 14.[S11568] The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain, and the United Kingdom, by George Edward Cokayne, Vol. IX, p. 219.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p1072.htm#i32204
- Isabel de la Pole1
- F, #337160, b. 1395, d. 8 February 1466/67
- Last Edited=2 Dec 2010
- Isabel de la Pole was born in 1395 at Suffolk, England.2 She was the daughter of Michael de la Pole, 2nd Earl of Suffolk and Katherine de Stafford.1,2 She married Thomas Morley, 5th Baron Morley, son of Robert Morley and Isabel Molines, before 5 February 1402/3.1 She died on 8 February 1466/67.1
- From before 5 February 1402/3, her married name became Morley.1
- Children of Isabel de la Pole and Thomas Morley, 5th Baron Morley
- 1.Anne Morley+1
- 2.Robert Morley, 6th Baron Morley3 b. 20 Nov 1418, d. 25 Sep 1442
- 1.[S6] G.E. Cokayne; with Vicary Gibbs, H.A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, Duncan Warrand and Lord Howard de Walden, editors, The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant, new ed., 13 volumes in 14 (1910-1959; reprint in 6 volumes, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 2000), volume IX, page 218. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Peerage.
- 2.[S3470] Marian Hastings, "re: Hastings Family," e-mail message to Darryl Roger Lundy, 31 Deember 2008. Hereinafter cited as "re: Hastings Family."
- 3.[S6] Cokayne, and others, The Complete Peerage, volume IX, page 219.
- From: http://www.thepeerage.com/p33716.htm#i337160
- Isabel De La POLE (B. Morley)
- Born: 1395, Cotton, Suffolk, England
- Father: Michael De La POLE (2º E. Suffolk)
- Mother: Catherine STAFFORD (C. Suffolk)
- Married: Thomas MORLEY (5º B. Morley)
- 1. Robert MORLEY (6º B. Morley) (m. Elizabeth De Ros)
- 2. Elizabeth MORLEY (m. John Arundell)
- 3. Anne MORLEY (m. John Hastings, 9º B. Hastings)
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/DeLaPOLE.htm#Isabel De La POLE (B. Morley)
- Thomas de Morley, 5th Baron Morley (1393–1435) was a baron in the Peerage of England, Lord of Morley, Hingham, Hockering, &c., in Norfolk, de jure Lord Marshall, hereditary Marshal of Ireland, and a Privy Councillor. He was the son of Sir Robert de Morley, Knt. (circa 1375 - before 12 November 1403), d.v.p. (son of Thomas de Morley, 4th Baron Morley by first wife Joan de Hastings), and wife, married before August 1394, Isabel de Molines.
- He was born at Hingham, Norfolk, and was present at the Battle of Agincourt, where he served as a Commander under the indenture of Humphrey, Duke of Gloucester.
- Thomas was married before 5 February 1402/1403 to Lady Isabel de la Pole (Suffolk, 1395 - 8 February 1466/1467), daughter of Michael de la Pole, 2nd Earl of Suffolk and Katherine de Stafford, daughter of Hugh de Stafford, 2nd Earl of Stafford. They had the following children:
- Anne de Morley 1413 - 1471 After 21 April 1434, she became the wife of Sir John Hastings, 9th Baron Hastings de jure (Elsing, Norfolk, 1410 - Elsing, Norfolk, 9 April 1477, buried Gressenhall, Norfolk), Constable of Norwich Castle in 1441 and Sheriff of Norfolk from 1474 to 1475, and had seven children.
- Robert de Morley 1418 - 1443 Succeeded his father as 6th Baron Morley
- Hugh de Morley
- Elizabeth de Morley She was the first wife Sir John (or Thomas) Arundell of Lanherne, Cornwall, who served in France during the reign of King Henry VI, son of John Arundell and Margaret Burgersh, and had one daughter.
- From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_de_Morley,_5th_Baron_Morley
(Source: Douglas Richardson. Plantagenet Ancestry. p. 517. Published 2004. Genealogical Publishing Company.)
Isabel, daughter of Michael De La Pole, Knight, 1st Earl of Suffolk, by Katherine, daughter of Hugh De Stafford, K. G., 2nd Earl of Stafford (descendant of King Edward I).
Isabel married on or before 5 Feb 1403, died 08 Feb 1467, leaving a will dated 03 May 1463, proved 27 Feb 1467.
Isabel de la Pole's Timeline
Of, Cotton, Suffolk, England
February 5, 1403
Arundel, , Sussex, England
November 20, 1418
Arundel, Sussex, England, United Kingdom
Arundell, Sussex, England
February 8, 1467