Ithamaria's Top 9 Matches
About Ithamaria Tamar Pell (Reginolles)
Ithamaria Tamar Reginolles / Reginald born around 1611 died 1661/1665, of London, England.
Parents: Mr. Henry Reginolles / Reginald / Reynolds of London, schoolmaster, and unknown. Her older sister was Bathsua Makin
- Married: on 3 July 1632 to Rt. Rev. Hon. John Pell (1611-1685), English mathematician.
- John, born born February 3, 1643, in London, England, died at Pelham Manor, Province of New York, in 1702. Married in 1684 to Rachel, daughter of Philip Pinckney, of Eastchester. Inherited the Westchester property, known as Pelham Manor, from his uncle Thomas Pell, who had died without issue, and came to America, arriving at Boston, Massachusetts, in October, 1670, with letters to governor Winthrop, which established his heirship.
- Mary, born April 14, 1634, married, 1656, Captain Ravee
- Elizabeth, born 1639, married, 1664, John Edwards
- Bathsheba, married --------- Wessels
- Judith, married, 1657, Thomas Kirk
The mathematician's son, known as Sir John Pell, inherited lands in New York, where he lived as the second Lord of the Manor of Pelham. His descendants have continued to be prominent in the American polity, including Ambassador and U.S. Representative Herbert Pell and U.S. Senator Claiborne Pell.
A New and General Biographical Dictionary: Containing an Historical and Critical Account of the Lives and Writings of the Most Eminent Persons in Every Nation; Particularly the British and Irish; from the Earliest Accounts of Time to the Present Period. London: Printed for W. Strahan etc., 1784. p. 240
July 3, 1632, [John Pell] married Ithamaria, second daughter of Mr. Henry Reginolles of London, by whom he had four sons and four daughters.
- Cuyler Reynolds Genealogical and family history of southern New York and the Hudson River Valley : a record of the achievements of her people in the making of a commonwealth and the building of a nation Volume 2 page 45 of 96
[John Pell] married, in 1632, Ithamaria, daughter of Henry Reginolles, and left one son, John, see forward, and four daughters: