About Jabez Nye
Served and Died in the Revolutionary War
- Private, Captain Jonathan Danforth's company, Colonel Asa Whitcomb's regiment; muster roll dated in camp at Ticonderoga, 11/27/1776; enlisted 2/1/1776
- Reported re-engaged 11/14/1776, to serve in Captain Danforth's company, Colonel Wigglesworth's regiment; but to remain in Colonel Whitcomb's regiment until 12/31/1776.
- List of men raised to serve in the Continental Army from Captain Wm. Brakenridge's company, 4th Hampshire County regiment, dated South Hadley, 5/28/1777, as returned to Lieutenant-colonel R. Woodbridge; residence, Ware; engaged for town of Ware; term, three years.
- Private, Captain C. Woodbridge's company, Colonel Calvin Smith's regiment; muster return (year not given); residence Ware; engaged for town of Ware; mustered by Captain Newell.
- Late Captain Davis's company, Colonel Wigglesworth's regiment; muster roll for 5/1778, dated Camp, Valley Forge
- Reported died 5/16/1778. (N.B. Colonel Smithe succeeded Colonel Wigglesworth in command of the regiment and pay accounts were made up at the end of the three year enlistment.)
- An act of Legislature in 1793 directs payment to Samuel Nye of Ware, father and heir of Jabez Nye, late soldier in Colonel Smith's regiment.
Jabez Nye's Timeline
June 13, 1749
New Braintree, MA, USA
November 27, 1776
- May 16, 1778
Ticonderoga, NY, USA
* Private, Captain Jonathan Danforth's company, Colonel Asa Whitcomb's regiment; muster roll dated in camp at Ticonderoga, 11/27/1776; enlisted 2/1/1776
May 16, 1778
Schuylkill, PA, USA