|Death:||Died in Rogersville, Hawkins, TN, USA|
Son of Bartholomew Lawson; Bartholomew Bartlett Lawson; Susannah Lawson and Susannah Lawson
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Jacob Lawson
About Jacob Lawson
Jacob Lawson, DAR Ancestor # A131700, was born 1761 Bedford, Virginia and died September 5,1833 Rogersville, Hawkins County, Tennessee. He married Mary "Polly" possibly Dobson (some have her name as Dolly Clue; some as Mary "Polly" Reynolds) on August 1784 Rogersville, Hawkins County, Tennessee. She was born 1765 Hawkins County, Tennessee and died July 10, 1844.
- On 25 November, 1833 Petition of Reynolds Lawson and William Miller,Administrators of Jacob Lawson, deceased, to sell negroes. Jacob Lawson had 10 distributes.
- When Jacob and Moreman Lawson came into Hawkins County, Tennessee they settled along the Holston River on the banks of Dodson Creek.
- DNA: Haplogroup/Heritage: HVR1=German, France, Ireland, 2006,. (mtDNA: http://www.cattley-sanders.com/lawsonnotsoindianline.htm)
- Elizabeth ( b: AUG 1785; d aft 1838). Married William Finnel or FINNEY b: ABT 1775
- Anna b: abt 1788. Married Thomas HAYNES b: ABT 1787
- Bartholomew b: abt 1790.
- Lewis Kendrick ( b: 1792-d: aft 1890). Married Mary BOWEN b: 1792
- Lazarus (1794-1863). Died in Franklin County, Tennessee. Married Helen Marie Rodgers b: 8 FEB 1809
- Russell Harrell b: 1798. Married Malvina Lawson, daughter of Peter Lawson b: 1760 & Winnie Davis
- Reynolds (Runnolds) b: 1802. Married Jane.
- Nancy, born about 1801-10. She married William Miller of Roane County, Tennessee.
- Tennessee b: abt 1802.
- Matilda (b: abt 1811-d 1847) Married Anderson CAMPBELL b: ABT 1805.
- 1. Virgil White's Abstracts of Revolutionary War Pension Files. Living in Henry Co.,Virginia when enlisted applied for pension 1832 Hawkins, TN.
- HAWKINS COUNTY, TN - MILITARY - Jacob & Polly Lawson, Revolutionary War Pension Application
Jacob Lawson's Timeline
Hawkins, TN, USA
ONE AFFIANT, ANN REYNOLDS, MADE IN HAWKINS COUNTY, TENNESSEE ON 21 OCTOBER, 1839 STATING THAT SHE IS ABOUT AGE 81; THAT SHE WAS PRESENT WHEN MRS. POLLY LAWSON AND JACOB LAWSON, NOW DEC'D., LATE A PENSIONER, WERE MARRIED. THAT THEY WERE MARRIED AT CAPTAIN AMIS' IN HAWKINS COUNTY, TENNESSEE AS SHE BELIEVES
September 5, 1833
Rogersville, Hawkins, TN, USA