About James Sutherland
Principal Authority Scots Peerage.
(75) James Sutherland, third son of Alexander (No. 49 above), born 1561. He owned Kinstearie, in Morayshire. In 1593 he married Violet, daughter of Thomas Fraser of Strichen, and had a son:
(76) John Sutherland, who was father of:
(77) William Sutherland. Will recorded 29th July 1698 (Moray). He married Margaret, daughter of William Innes of Kinnermonie, and left two sons:
- 77(a) David (No. 78 below).
- 77(b) Hugh, ancestor of Sutherland of Rearquhar (No. 82 below).
(78) David Sutherland of Kinstearie, died January 1690. His Will recorded 30th July 1696 and 5th November 1701 (Moray).
He had a son:
(79) James Sutherland of Kinstearie, died September 1722. He was served heir to his father 17th February 1691 and 24th November 1721, and was succeeded by his son:
(80) James Sutherland of Kinstearie. Served heir to his father 10th November 1724. He left a son:
(81) James Sutherland of Kinstearie, living 1766.