About James Wiley Thomas
James Wylie Thomas, son of James Sands Thomas and Mary Morrow of Mississippi, was born 7 September 1834, Dallas county, Alabama Came to Utah on 2 October 1847, Jedediah M. Grant company. His step-father, Washington Norwood Cook, accompanied him. Family home Spanish Fork, Utah. One of first settlers of Spanish Fork 1851. City councilman and marshal at Spanish Fork. One of presidents of the 60th quorum seventies.
Married: Mary Elizabeth Koyle in December, 1855, Spanish Fork, Utah (daughter of John H. Koyle and Nancy Macurdy of Illinois, pioneers 1852, Edward Hunter company). She was born May 30, 1840. Their children:
- Mary Elizabeth born December 25, 1856, married Samuel Brockbank;
- Wylie Edward born August 3, 1858, married Mary Ann Banks;
- Hyrum Franklin born August 28, 1860, married Jane Hawkes;
- James Madison born August 18, 1862;
- Andrew Perry born December 10, 1864, married Vina Fuller;
- Julia Adelaid born September 6, 1866;
- John Albert born November 8, 1869, married Celia Jones;
- George born October 20, 1870;
- Nancy Armelia born October 5, 1871, married David Davis;
- Harriet Evaline born August 29, 1875, married James Hanson;
- David Heber born September 11, 1880.