About Jane Lewis Maxwell
A community in Lewis County, Jane Lew, WV was laid out in 1835 by Lewis Maxwell, member of Congress from Virginia, 1827-1833. The town was not incorporated until May 27, 1907. Jane Lew is named in honor of Jane Lewis, mother of the founder of the town. The Clarksburg, Weston & Glenville Railroad completed a narrow gauge railroad line from Clarksburg to Jane Lew on August 9, 1879.