Matching family tree profiles for Joachim Girard
About Joachim Girard
1. Joachim Girard, from the parish of Saint-Cyr du Vaudreuil, close to Rouen, France. Son of Michel and Francoise Anceaume, established his family (married) on September 27 1660 in Quebec city, Quebec with Marie Haley, daugther of Jean-Baptiste and Mathurine Valet. The preceeding January, Marie-Madeleine Legardeur from Repentigny, wife of Jean-Paul Godefroy had given land to the young man (Joachim Girard) 2 x 15 "arpents" (about 382 by 2865 feet) along Sainte-Genevieve, Quebec city. Thus far Joachim was working for his uncle: Jean Jobin. Joachim and Marie had 7 children.
At the census of 1667, 5 were already born, and 1 girl had died. in 1667 he is the proud owner of 10 "arpent" of land, 2 cows. 2 more children will be born before his wife passes away. He will sell his land in 1672, (the article mention his mourning his wife may have precipitated the selling of the land). He then moves to the village of Saint-Bernard, in Charlesbourg. It is there that he re-marries in 1676 with Jeanne Chalut, daugther of Pierre and Marie Bonin. She was the widow of Nicholas Hévé. The new marriage will give life to 9 children.
Four sons, 2 of each marriages will get married and start their own families. Jacques Girard will wed Mathurine Poiré in 1687. Antoine Girard will wed Agnès Trottier also in 1687. Joachim (jr) Girard will wed Marie-Louise lefebvre in 1708 and finally Jean-Baptiste will wed Madeleine Aumier in 1715. The daughters on the other hand will contribute to the lineages of the Fournier, Lemay, Lefebvre and Laporte families.
In 1681, Jaochim Girard, still resides on his land in Charlesbourg. He now has 10 "arpents" and 4 cows. He passes away between 1708 and 1712 (the article mentions that they could find his death certificate). The article mention these facts about the cathedreal in Vaudreuil which still stands today.
It's main portal has double roman style columns. It is situated in a "boulce" along the Seine river, about 20 kilometers south-ouest of Rouen along the shores of the Eure.