Matching family tree profiles for Joan Butler (FitzJohn)
view all 19
About Joan Butler (Fitzjohn)
- 'Joan FitzJohn1,2,3
- 'F, #10569, d. 4 April 1303
- Father Sir John FitzGeoffrey, Sheriff of Yorkshire, Justice of Ireland2,4 b. c 1205, d. 23 Nov 1258
- Mother Isabel Bigod2,4 b. c 1210
- ' Joan FitzJohn married Theobald le Boteler (Butler), son of Theobald le Boteler and Margery de Burgh, circa 1268; They had 8 sons (Theobald, Sir Edmund, Sir Thomas, John, Richard, Gilbert, Nicholas, & James) and 2 daughters (Maud & Joan).2,3 Joan FitzJohn died on 4 April 1303.
- 'Family Theobald le Boteler (Butler) b. c 1242, d. 26 Sep 1285
- Sir Thomas Butler, 1st Lord of Dunboyne+ d. 1329
- John Butler
- Theobald Butler, 5th Lord Butler b. 22 Feb 1269, d. 14 May 1299
- Sir Edmund Butler, Justiciar of Ireland+2 b. c 1273, d. 13 Sep 1321
- 1.[S2604] Unknown author, The Complete Peerage, by Cokayne, Vol. II, p. 449; Magna Charta Sureties, 1215, by F. L. Weis, 4th Ed., p. 28; Burke's Peerage, 1938, p. 1909.
- 2.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. I, p. 376.
- 3.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. IV, p. 249.
- 4.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. IV, p. 245-246.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p352.htm#i10569
- 'Joan fitz John1
- 'F, #151411, d. from 25 February 1303 to 26 May 1303
- Last Edited=7 Feb 2011
- Consanguinity Index=0.2%
- ' Joan fitz John was the daughter of John fitz Geoffrey, Lord of Shere and Isabel le Bigod.1,2 She married Theobald Butler, son of Theobald Butler and Margery de Burgh, before 1268.2 She died from 25 February 1303 to 26 May 1303.2
- ' From before 1268, her married name became Butler.1
- 'Children of Joan fitz John and Theobald Butler
- 1.Sir Edmond Butler+1 d. 13 Sep 1321
- 2.Thomas Butler, 1st Baron Dunboyne+ d. 9 Oct 1329
- 3.Anne le Botiller3
- 4.Thomas Butler2 b. 22 Feb 1268/69, d. 14 May 1299
- 1.[S34] Peter Townend, editor, Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 105th edition (London, U.K.: Burke's Peerage Ltd, 1970), psge 2047. Hereinafter cited as Burke's Peerage, 105th ed.
- 2.[S6] G.E. Cokayne; with Vicary Gibbs, H.A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, Duncan Warrand and Lord Howard de Walden, editors, The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant, new ed., 13 volumes in 14 (1910-1959; reprint in 6 volumes, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 2000), volume II, page 449. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Peerage.
- 3.[S1916] Tim Boyle, "re: Boyle Family," e-mail message to Darryl Roger Lundy, 16 September 2006. Hereinafter cited as "re: Boyle Family."
- From: http://www.thepeerage.com/p15142.htm#i151411
- 'Theobald Butler, 4th Chief Butler of Ireland (circa 1242 – 26 September 1285) was the son of Theobald Butler, 3rd Chief Butler of Ireland and Margery de Burgh, daughter of Richard Mor de Burgh, 1st Lord of Connacht. He assisted King Edward I of England in his wars in Scotland. He died at castle of Arklow, County Wicklow, Ireland and was buried at Arklow Monastery.
- 'He married Joan FitzJohn, the fourth and youngest daughter of John FitzGeoffrey, Lord of Kirtling, Sheriff of Yorkshire, and Isobel Bigod and the granddaughter of Geoffrey FitzPeter, Earl of Essex. She was co-heir with her three sisters to her brothers John and Richard. On her marriage, she brought Theobald the manor of Faubridge in Essex, the hamlet of Shippeley in Hants, the manor of Shire in Surrey, the hamlet of Vacherie and the manor of Ailesbury (in Buckinghamshire). Joan died around 1303. Their children were:
- Theobald Butler, 5th Chief Butler of Ireland (1269–1299)
- Edmund Butler, Earl of Carrick (c. 1270 – 13 September 1321)
- Thomas Butler, 1st Baron Dunboyne (died 9 Oct 1329)
- John Butler
- Richard Butler
- Gilbert Butler
- Nicholas Butler, elected Archbishop of Dublin by the Prior and Convent of the Holy Trinity in January 1306, but was never consecrated.
- James Butler
- 1.^ Lodge, John The Peerage of Ireland or, A Genealogical History Of The Present Nobility Of That Kingdom, 1789, Vol IV, p 5.
- 2.^ The Peerage.
- 3.^ Lodge, John The Peerage of Ireland or, A Genealogical History Of The Present Nobility Of That Kingdom, 1789, Vol IV, p 5.
- From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theobald_Butler,_4th_Chief_Butler_of_Ireland
- 'Theobald BUTLER
- Born: 1242
- Died: 26 Sep 1285
- Father: Theobald BUTLER
- Mother: Margery De BURGH
- 'Married: Joan FITZGEOFFREY (dau. of John Fitzgeoffrey and Isabel Bigod) ABT 1268
- 1. Theobald BUTLER (d. 14 May 1299, unmd.)
- 2. Edmund BUTLER (Justiciar and Governor of Ireland)
- 3. Thomas BUTLER (Sir)
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/BUTLER.htm#Theobald BUTLER2
Joan Butler (FitzJohn)'s Timeline
May 25, 1303