About Johan Charles Asplund
- Name: Mr Johan Charles Asplund
- Born: Tuesday 31st January 1899
- Age: 23 years
- Last Residence: in Oskarshamn Småland Sweden
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 350054 , £7 15s 11d
- Destination: Minneapolis Minnesota United States
- Rescued (boat 13)
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
- Died: Saturday 14th August 1943
Mr Johan Charles Asplund, 23, was born on 31 January, 1889. He came from Oscarshamn, Småland, Sweden and was travelling to join his brother Fred Asplund in Minneapolis. He boarded the Titanic at Southampton.
Johan Asplund travelled together with Einar Karlsson also from Oscarshamn. The two men were rescued on lifeboat 13.
According to one list he was on his way to a friend, Mrs A Engström, 212 53d St. New York, but probably he was on his way to his brother because, after his rescue, he received $25 and a ticket to Minneapolis from the Salvation Army in New York. He later returned to Sweden in 1923 and died in Oscarshamn on 14 August, 1943.
References Claes-Göran Wetterholm (1988, 1996, 1999) Titanic. Prisma, Stockholm. ISBN 91 518 3644 0
Acknowledgements Leif Snellman, Finland