Johann Robert Ahlers
|Current Location::||Pretoria, Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa|
|Birthplace:||Pretoria, Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa|
About Johann Ahlers
Named Johann Robert after the two husbands of my grandmother Sophie Wurth:
- Bellstedt, Johann Wilhelm - her first husband, who died in 1919
- Ahlers, Robert Karl Heinrich - her second husband and my own grandfather
My family research interests are rather broad. I am interested in ALL the ancestors (as far back as I can find in all feeder branches) of:
1.1 My Paternal ancestors (in Germany):
- AHLERS from Hamburg, Germany, with ancestors in Mecklenburg-Schwerin, specifically Hagenow and surrounding area.
- SCHLÜTER from Kammerlanderdeich, Germany, with ancestors in Plön, Bornhöved, Schleswig-Holstein and surrounding area.
- WURTH from Feldkirchen, München and originally from Altenheim, Baden-Würtemberg, Germany and surrounding areas. Here is a 'Hoch Adel' link via the Röder von Diersburg and Von Leiningen-Westerburg families to medieval royal genealogy.
- KUNZE from Berssel, near Wernigerode, Sachsen-Anhalt, Germany and surrounding areas.
1.2 My Maternal ancestors (in South Africa):
- VENTER from Bandelierkop, Zoekmekaar, Greylingstad and Willowmore.
- BOTHA from Greylingstad and Graaff-Reinet.
- JANSE VAN RENSBURG from Bandelierkop, Zoekmekaar, Aberdeen and Riversdal.
- MOMBERG from Zoekmekaar and Aberdeen.
2.1 Nerine's Paternal ancestors (in South Africa):
- LE ROUX from Paarl and Wellington.
- BOSMAN from Paarl and Wellington.
- BELL from Winburg and Simonstown, and originally as 1820 Settlers from the UK via BELL and BRAY.
- SCHUTTE from Winburg. Here is a direct maternal line to Eva Krotöa of the Goringhaicona tribe.
2.2 Nerine's Maternal ancestors (in South Africa):
- HOFMEYR from Stofberg, Free State and Somerset East. Here is a direct descendancy from Andrew MURRAY (from Clatt, Aberdeenshire, Scotland).
- STROEBEL from Knysna - with a descendancy from Roosje van de Caab.
- MALAN from Deneysville, Free State and Wellington, Cape.
- ROETS from Heilbron and Cradock.
3. Ancestors of many friends and relatives (in South Africa):
- Some additional surnames of interest: FICK, JACKSON, PISTORIUS, TANCRED, ELOFF, JACOBS, VAN SCHALKWYK, DU PLESSIS, VAN NIEKERK, PRETORIUS, KRUGER, BEKKER, BIERMAN, MABILLE, DE BEER, MILLS, DUVENHAGE, VAN DER LITH, VILJOEN