About Johann / Ivan Markun
He was Franz Karun first cousin, not sure on which side
Karun je morao obavijestiti i suprugu svoga rodjaka Sloveniji da joj je muž poginuo. Tragedija je bila tim veca, jer je Markun iza sebe, uz suprugu, ostavio petero djece i ogromne dugove. Naime, u Ameriku je otputovao kako bi zaradio dovoljno da otplati dugove zbog kupnje kuce i okucnice, a sada se sav teret svalio na ženina
- Name: Mr Johann Markun
- Age: 33 years
- Last Residence: in Milje Slovenia
- Occupation: General Labourer
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Cherbourg on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 349257 , £7 17s 11d
- Destination: New York City New York United States
- Died in the sinking.
- Body Not Recovered
Mr Johann Markun, 33, a married man from Milje, Croatia, boarded the Titanic at Cherbourg. Markun was probably the brother-in-law of Franz Karun.
To reach his destination, New York, he bought his third class ticket from the agent: Im Obersteg & Cie., Basel for 255 Swiss francs. (ticket number 349257, £7 17s 11d).
According to the White Star Passenger List of 9 May 1912 (Sheet F 2) he boarded at Cherbourg. His name appears as Johann, Markim. Another list (Contract Tickets) shows his name as Johann Markin, boarding at Cherbourg.
Markun died in the sinking. His body, if recovered, was never identified.
His Ticket-Number follows that of Franz Karun, who had 349256.
- Günter Bäbler (1998) Reise auf der Titanic. Chronos, Zürich
- Printed Passenger List, White Star Line, 9th May 1912 (Public Record Office, London; BT 100/260)
- Contract Ticket List, White Star Line 1912 (National Archives, New York; NRAN-21-SDNYCIVCAS-55)
- Günter Bäbler, Switzerland
- Hermann Söldner, Germany