About John Bronson
John Bronson (Brownson, Brunson), Hartford, 1639, a proprietor "by courtesie of the town;" his house-lot was on the road to the Neck, now Windsor street. He served in the Pequot War. He removed to Tunxis about 1641; deputy from Farmington, May, 1651; one of the original members of the Farmington church, October 13, 1652; died 1680; inventory November 28, £312. 1. 0.
SOURCE: James Hammond Trumbull, editor, The memorial history of Hartford County, Connecticut, 1633-1884, Volume 1 (Boston, Massachusetts: Edward L. Osgood, 1886), page 231. Retrieved: 3 May 2011 from Google Books