|Birthplace:||Ballater, Aberdeenshire, UK|
|Place of Burial:||Crathie, Aberdeenshire, UK|
|Occupation:||Scottish personal servant and favourite of Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom, Scottish personal servant and favourite of Queen Victoria of the United Kin, servant|
|Managed by:||Ric Dickinson|
Matching family tree profiles for John Brown (servant)
view all 22
About John Brown (servant)
Note: John Brown's exact relationship with Queen Victoria is unclear. He may have been a devoted servant, friend, lover or secret husband.
- John Brown born December 8, 1826 died March 27, 1883
- John Brown was a Scottish personal servant and favourite of Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom for many years. He was appreciated by many (including the Queen) for his competence and companionship, and resented by others for his influence and informal manner. The exact nature of his relationship with Victoria was the subject of great speculation by contemporaries, and continues to be controversial today.
- Her Majesty's Faithful servant: http://nevermore.tripod.com/victoria.html
- Wiki (En) - John Brown: John Brown (servant)
- Re: Anyone related to John Brown personal servant of Queen Victoria?
- jillyhopwood (View posts)
- Posted: 22 Sep 2011 2:13AM
- Classification: Query
- Hi, my maternal grandmothers grandfathers brother is John Browne. We have known this all our lives. My gran was Ellen Elizabeth McCabe (maiden name) married name O Sullivan. She was born in Capoquin in Waterford Ireland ON 10th Sept 1914 and died in Manchester England on 27th Sept 2001. Her family worked for the Villiers Stuart familys estate in Waterford as ghillies and gamekeepers from the turn of the century till the late 60s when only my great uncle Dick McCabe was left working from the Villiers Stuarts who still own Dromana House in Waterford. It has a website which may be helpful to you as well. We also were told we were related through my grans mother Elizabeth browne, (her father was Allen McCabe), to Captain William Kydd the pirate who was also from Scotland. Please feel free to contact me whenever, i am most interested in this search, my gran was convinced that John Browne had a child with Queen Victoria, it was common knowledge through the family and didnt think it was hearsay. My email is email@example.com. Yours sincerely Jill Hopwood