John Cheney, VI
|Birthplace:||Boston, Berkshire, UK|
|Death:||Died in Bennington, Lincolnshire, UK|
|Place of Burial:||Boston, England|
Son of William Cheney; William Cheney; Frances Cheney and Frances Cheney
|Managed by:||Carole (Erickson) Pomeroy, Vol. ...|
About John Cheney, VI
- 'The Cheney genealogy
- LINCOLNSHIRE. The probate records contain wills of many persons by the name of Cheney and Cheyney from a remote period. Thomas Cheney of Quadring, 1520 ; Christopher Cheyney, Grantham, 1620 ; 'John Cheney, Bennington, 1624'; Thomas Cheney, Howell, 1633. The latter was entitled "Esquire"; gave to his wife Bridget, daughters, Ann, Elizabeth, and Jane ; brother William Chiney ; signs "Thomas Cheyney." The will of John of Bennington is worthy of perpetuation. He was one of the wardens of his parish and apparently a man of fine qualities.
- ' "In the name of god Amen the Twenty & fowerth day of May 1621 I John Cheney of Bennington in the pts of Holland & county of Lincoln gent, whole in body & of good & pfect remembrance praise be given to almighty god doe ordeine & make this my last will and testament in manner & forme following hereby revoking all other wills by me formerly made — ffirst I commit my soule into the hands of almighty god trusting most assuredly that by the death of Jesus Christ my Saviour & redeemer my sinnes are forgiven me & my body to be buryed within the quire of Bennington aforesayd nigh unto my wife & for my mortuary as the Lawes of this Realm doe requier
- Itm I doe give to Lincoln mynster XII
- Itm I doe give to the pore of Bennington one quarter of barly to be distributed amongst the needyest at the feiste of the Nativity of Our Saviour Christ next after my decease
- Itm I doe give to William Cheney my sonne a double Soveraigne
- Itm I doe give to John Cheny the elder my sonne fowere pounds
- Itm I doe give to Thomas Cheney my sonne Thertye poundes
- Itm I doe give to John Cheny the younger my sonne ffortye poundes
- Itm I doe give to ffrances Cheney my daughter if she be then living ffive poundes
- Itm I doe give to Anne Cheney my daughter twenty poundes
- Itm I doe give to Elisabeth Cheney my dawghter fforty poundes
- [Then follow other bequests.]
- The residue of all my goodes & Chattles not given or bequeathed my debts & Legacyes discharged I give them wholly to 'Alysce my wife' whom I doe ordeine & make the sole executrix of this my last will & testament
- '[Signed] John Cheyney."
- Proved at Boston April 8° 1624.
- The church registers at Bennington give the baptism of children of 'John and Elizabeth Cheney' as follows: Frances, Dec. 20, 1596; William, Feb. 5, 1597; Jane, Feb. 28, 1600; John, June 30, 1605 ; Edward, July 20 1606; Thomas, July 25, 1607; Agnes, Oct. 16, 1608; John, Nov. 9, 1609; Richard, Sept. 29, 1611; Elizabeth, June 2, 1614. Edward was buried Dec. 8, 1613 ; 'the wife Elizabeth was buried June 12, 1614; and the husband and father was buried March 21, 1623'.
- 'John CHENEY
- 'Born: 1568' / 1572, Boston, Lincolnshire, England
- Died: 1618, Lambourn, Berkshire, England / '16 May 1623, Bennington, Lincolnshire, England'
- 'Buried: 16 Mar 1623', Boston, England
- 'Notes: John Cheney was born in Bennington, Lincolnshire, England in 1568 to William and Frances Cheney. John married his wife Elizabeth on 28 Nov 1614. Their marriage was either a second or a late marriage. Two sons named John (b. 30 Jun 1605 and 9 Nov 1609) were included among John and Elizabeth's ten children. Their son John, who was born 1605, was the family member who immigrated to the United states of America in 1635.
- Father: William CHENEY
- Mother: Frances (Agnes) CHENEY
- 'Married: Elizabeth ? ABT 1595, Waltham, Essex, England
- 1. John CHENEY
- Married 2: Elizabeth CHENEY 28 Nov 1614, Roxbury, Roxbury, England
- http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/CHENEY.htm#John CHENEY5
- 'John Cheney1
- 'M, b. 1568
- Father William Cheney b. 1538, d. 1602
- Mother Frances Cheney d. 25 Nov 1604
- ' John Cheney married Elizabeth at England. John Cheney was born in 1568 at Bennington, Boston, Lincolnshire, England; Age 46 by 28 November 1614. He and Alice obtained a marriage license on 28 November 1614. John Cheney was buried on 16 March 1624 at Bennington, Boston, Lincolnshire, England.2
- 'Family 1 Elizabeth
- William Cheney+ b. 5 Feb 1599, d. 30 Jun 1667
- John Cheney+ b. c 1600, d. 28 Jul 1666
- Family 2 Alice b. c 1568, d. a 10 Aug 1627
- 1.[S8778] Unknown author, Families Directly Descended from all the Royal Families in Europe, by Elizabeth M. Rixford, p. 16.
- 2.[S35] Elizabeth M. Leach Rixford, Families Directly Descended, p. 16.
John Cheney, VI's Timeline
Boston, Berkshire, UK
Cublington, Buckinghamshire, England
December 20, 1596
February 5, 1599
Bennington, Lincolnshire, England
June 30, 1605
England, United Kingdom
November 28, 1614
March 16, 1623
May 16, 1623
Bennington, Lincolnshire, UK
June 21, 1947
June 21, 1947