|Also Known As:||"John "Pontus" Churchill"|
|Birthplace:||Plymouth, Plymouth , Massachusetts|
|Death:||Died in Plympton, Plymouth, Massachusetts|
|Place of Burial:||Burial Hill, Plymouth, Massachusetts|
Son of John Churchill, "The Colonist"; John Churchill, of Virginia; Hannah Rickard and Dorothy Churchill
|Managed by:||Private User|
Historical records matching John Churchill
About John Churchill
John Churchill born 1657 Plympton, Plymouth, Massachusetts. Died 13 Jun 1723 Plympton, Plymouth, Massachusetts. Buried Burial Hill, Plymouth, Plymouth, Massachusetts.
Parents: John Churchill (abt 1620-1662) and Hannah Pontus (1614-1690)
- on 28 Dec 1686 at Plymouth to Rebecca Delano (1651-1686) 1 child
- on 04 Mar 1715 at Plymouth to Hannah Pabodie (1662-1723)
Child of Rebecca Delano and John Churchill
- Elizabeth Churchill b 7 Oct 1687 d. date unknown
-------------------- John Churchill was born in 1657 in Plymouth, Plymouth, Massachusetts and died on Jun. 13, 1723 Plymouth, Plymouth, Massachusetts at the age of 66 and was laid to rest in Burial Hill.
Parents: John (Immigrant) Churchill (1620 - 1662) and Hannah (Immigrant) Pontus Churchill (1623 - 1690)
- On Dec. 28, 1686 at Plymouth to Rebecca Delano (1651-1709) daughter of immigrants Phillippe de la Noue and Hester Dewsbury.
- secondly, on Mar. 4, 1715/16, to Hannah Hannah Pabodie (1662-1723), widow of Samuel Bartlett (1659-1683). (1)
- Elizabeth Churchill (1687 - 1753). She married Capt. Joel Ellis in 1710.
by Larry Overmire (8th great grandson), Aug. 2008:
John Churchill, was born in Plymouth, Plymouth County, Massachusetts in 1657, the son of immigrants John Churchill and Hannah Pontus.
John inherited land from his father at at Mannonnett Ponds. John became Constable in 1686.
On Dec. 28, 1686, at Plymouth, John married Rebecca Delano, the daughter of immigrants Phillippe de la Noue and Hester Dewsbury. On Oct. 7, 1687, daughter Elizabeth was born. She would marry Capt. Joel Ellis in 1710.
In 1688, John and Rebecca were admitted as members of the Plymouth Church and in 1689, he was admitted as a freeman.
Rebecca died in 1709. John married, secondly, Hannah Bartlett on Mar. 4, 1715/16.
John died in Plymouth, June 13, 1723, at the age of 66 and was laid to rest in Burial Hill.
"Here Lyes Ye Body of Mr. John Churchell Deacesed June Ye 13th 1723 in Ye 66th Year of His Age"
- http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=29368663 Record added: Aug 28, 2008
- lineakeeper geneaology
- [S7687] Robert Bartlett of the "Anne" and his descendants for four generations, Robert S. Wakefield, (Plymouth, Mass. : General Society of Mayflower Descendants, c2000), 13 (Reliability: 3).