John H Crawford
|Birthplace:||Cheraw, Craven, South Carolina|
|Death:||Died in Warren County, KY, USA|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for John H Crawford
About John H Crawford
He was the son of David Crawford and Isabella Maine. He married Rachel Van Zandt, daughter of Isaiah Vanzandt and Marie Guyon. She was born 1766 in Virginia, and died 1 DEC 1822 in Randolph County, Missouri. She was buried in Huntsville, Randolph County, Missouri.
Children of John H. CRAWFORD and Rachel VAN ZANDT are:
- Michael CRAWFORD was born Mar 1784 in Surry Co. NC, and died 1833-1835 in Randolph Co., MO. He married Elizabeth ROWLAND 15 Aug 1808 in Warren Co., KY. She was born May 1788 in Chatham Co., NC, and died 1820-1825 in Warren Co., KY.
- Margaret R. CRAWFORD was born 1 Jan 1786 in Surry Co., VA, and died 18 Dec 1848 in Randolph Co, Missouri. She married John Younger ROWLAND 23 Jan 1809 in Warren Co., KY. He was born 16 Apr 1776 in Possibly Franklin Co., NC, and died 25 Jul 1839 in Randolph Co., MO.
- James CRAWFORD was born Apr 1788 in Hawkins Co, Tennessee, and died 1860 in Dade Co, Missouri. He married Sarah NEWPORT 7 Mar 1811 in Warren Co., KY. She was born 1787 in TN, and died 1846 in Greene Co., MO.
- Susannah CRAWFORD was born May 1790 in Hawkins Co., TN. She married Archibald L. ROWLAND 23 Feb 1809 in Warren Co., KY. He was born 1779 in Possibly Franklin Co., NC, and died 1853 in Franklin Co., MO.
- Jeremiah Able CRAWFORD was born May 1792 in Hawkins Co., TN. He married Sarah JOHNSON 10 Jul 1811. She was born 1790-1800.
- Jane CRAWFORD was born Mar 1794 in Logan Co., KY. She married Jeremiah FREEMAN.
- Margery CRAWFORD was born Feb 1796 in Logan Co., KY. She married Thomas SEARS.
- John CRAWFORD was born 1 Jan 1798 in Bowling Green, Warren Co., KY, and died 11 Aug 1875 in Abingdon, Knox Co., IL. He married Elizabeth HOWARD 23 Dec 1824 in Warren Co., KY. She died 3 Apr 1894 in Galesburg, Knox Co., IL.
- Isaiah (Isaac) CRAWFORD was born Mar 1801 in Bowling Green, Warren Co., KY. He married Amy ROSS.
North Carolina Census, 1790-1890 about John Crawford
Name: John Crawford
County: Surry County
Township: Wrights District
Record Type: State or colonial census
Database: NC Early Census Index
1790 United States Federal Census about Jno Crawford
Name: Jno Crawford
State: North Carolina
Number of Free White Males Under 16: 3
Number of Free White Males 16 and Over: 1
Number of Free White Females: 6
Number of Household Members: 10
Census 1800, Warren Co, KY, John Crawford appears.
Census 1810, Warren Co, KY, 6 children living at home.
John Crawford is listed as a head of household. His family consists of one male under 10 years of age, one male between 10 and 16, two males between 16 and 26, and him self over 45; two females between 10 and 16, and one female over 45. He is living next door to his son, Michael Crawford
Census 1830, Warren Co., KY
1 m 1770-80, 1 m 1790-1800, 1 m 1810-15, 2 m 1815-20, 2 m 1820-25 1 f 1790-1800
"Heritage of William M. Crawford" by Mayer:
John was part of the migration across the great Smoky Mountains, from Surry Co, NC. John and his brother-in-law's, John Evans & Reuben Riggs had land grants in NC in what became Hawkins Co, TN. In 1792 John sold his Hawkins Co, TN property. By 1800 John Crawford and Reuben Riggs families were settled in Warren Co, KY. John Evans and family followed later. John Crawford had extensive holdings below the junction of Bay's Fork and the south side of the Barren River. They were neighbors with the Howard, Satterfield, ROWLAND, Claypool & Evins Families. They all enter married with our Crawfords. Another Crawford family was found in Warren Co, KY. They were named: Thomas, Moses, and James. They were on Stinking Creek, on the north side of Barren Creek.They also came from NC through Washington Co., TN.
John probably died between July and Dec. 1812 because he did not sign the marriage bond for his daughter Jane.
John H Crawford's Timeline
Cheraw, Craven, South Carolina
January 1, 1786
Virginia, United States
Hawkins County, Tennessee, United States
Warren County, KY, USA