|Death:||Died in Salem, Essex County, Massachusetts|
Son of Edmund Frost and Thomasine Frost (Clench)
|Managed by:||Lydia Melton|
About John Frost
John Frost, Sr (1632 - 1672), son of Edmund Frost and Thomasine Clench, was born about 1632 at Suffolk, England; he died at about 40 years of age on 30 September 1672 at Salem, Essex County, Massachusetts. He married Rebecca Andrew on 26 June 1666 at Cambridge, Middlesex County, Massachusetts.
Children of John and Rebecca Rost
- John Frost, Jr
- Rebecca Frost
- Thomas Frost
- 'The Frost family in England and America with special reference to Edmund Frost and some of his descendants (1909)
- EDMUND FROST OF CAMBRIDGE, MASSACHUSETTS
- Edmund Frost was born in the neighborhood of Hartest, County of Suffolk, England, about the year 1600. He must have early associated himself with the non-conformist or dissenting portion of the Protestant ......
- .... Edmund Frost married at Hartest, about the year 1630, a woman whose first name was "Thomasine." His first son, John, was born in England about the year 1632. In 1634 (October 16th), Edmund Frost, with his wife and son John, boarded the ship Great Hope (Captain Curling) at Ipswich, England, for Boston, Massachusetts. He was one of the leaders ....
- His death occurred July 12, 1672.
- Through the courtesy of Mr. George Henry Frost of Plainfield, N. J., we present a full copy of the last will and testament of Edmund Frost : .....
- 1. Edmund Frost, born in England about 1600; with wife Thomasine and infant child settled Cambridge, Mass., 1635. The date of his wife's death is uncertain, but sometime before 1669,. he married Reana Daniel (widow successively of James, Wm. Andrew, and Robert Daniel), who survived him.*
- * Temple's "Genealogical Register of Framingham" states: "He married (2) about 1642, Mary ___ ; (3) Widow Reana Daniels." The records show that James and Mary were born after this date to Edmund and Thomasine Frost, showing Temple's statement to be in error.
- CHILDREN :
- ' 2. John, b. Eng., about 1632.
- 3. Thomas, b. 1st mo. 1637, O. S. (Mar., 1637); d. 1639.
- 4. Samuel, b. 12th mo. 1638, O. S. (Feb., 1639).
- 5. Joseph, b. 13, 11, 1639, O. S. (Jan. 13, 1640).
- 6. James, b. 9, 2, 1643, O. S. (Apr. 9, 1643).
- 7. Mary, b. 24, 5, 1645, O. S. (July 24, 1645).
- 8. Ephraim, b. 1646, or later.
- 9. Thomas, b. 1647, or later.
- 10. Sarah, b. 1653.
John Frost's Timeline
November 19, 1667
December 3, 1669
Cambridge, Middlesex, Massachusetts, United States
September 30, 1672
Salem, Essex County, Massachusetts