John Shatswell Griffin, Twin
|Birthplace:||Haverhill, Essex, Massachusetts|
|Death:||Died in Haverhill, Essex, Massachusetts|
|Managed by:||Private User|
view all 14
About John Shatswell Griffin, Twin
- 'The Essex antiquarian: an illustrated ... magazine devoted to the ..., Volume 5 edited by Sidney Perley
- Pg. 159
- BAKER GENEALOGY.
- CAPT. THOMAS BAKER3, born in Topsfield Feb. 17, 1688. He was a husbandman, and lived in Ipswich until 1715, when he removed to Topsfield, buying, in 1722, what is now known as the Batchelder farm on the south side of Pye Brook. he married 'Mary Capen Jan. 5, 1709-10; and died in Topsfield Sept. __, 1725. She married, secondly, John Griffin of Bradford Aug. 11, 1730.'
- Children: --
- 19-I. THOMAS4, b. Nov. 20, 1710, in Ipswich. See below (19).
- 20-II. MARY4, b. 13: 5: 1712, in Ipswich; living in 1729.
- 21-III. JACOB4, bapt. 28: 9: 1714, in Ipswich; carpenter (?); lived in Boxford; m. Kezia Smith Aug. 5, 1736; no children; administration on his estate granted Aug. 22, 1737; and she m., secondly, Abner Hale of Boxford Nov. 24, 1738.
- 22-IV. JOSEPH4, b. May 3, 1716, in Topsfield. See below (22).
- 23-V. PRISCILLA4 , b. April 14, 1718, in Topsfield; d. May 17, 1719.
- 24-VI. JOHN4, b. Dec. 18, 1719, in Topsfield. See below (24).
- 25-VII. MARTHA4, b. about 1715 (?); m. John Whipple, jr., of Ipswich May 14, 1735.
- 26-VIII. ELIZABETH4, b. March 23, 1723, in Topsfield; m. John Low of Hamlet parish, Ipswich, cooper, Feb. 4, 1740-1; and was living in 1752.
- 27-IX. PRISCILLA4, b. Aug. 4, 1724, in Topsfield; m. Tarrant Putnam of Salem, yeoman, Dec. 9, 1742; and they were living in Sutton in 1753.