John's Top Matches
About John Harrington
- 'John HARRINGTON
- 'Born: ABT 1380
- 'Died: 24 Sep 1434
- 'Notes: some sources says that he was the son, and not the brother, of Sir William Harrington and Margaret Neville.
- Father: Nicholas De HARRINGTON (Sir Knight)
- Mother: Isabel ENGLISH
- 'Married: Isabel SEWER (b. ABT 1383 - d. 1462) (dau. of Richard Sewer) ABT 1403
- 1. Elizabeth HARRINGTON
- http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/HARRINGTON.htm#John HARRINGTON1
- 'John Harrington, Esq.1
- 'M, d. 1465
- Father Sir William Harington d. 22 Feb 1439
- Mother Margaret Neville b. c 1365, d. 1448
- ' John Harrington, Esq. was born at of Doncaster, England. He married Isabel Sewer, daughter of Richard Sewer. John Harrington, Esq. died in 1465.
- 'Family Isabel Sewer d. 1462
- ◦Elizabeth Harrington+ b. c 1410
- ◦Joan Harrington+ b. c 1425
- 1.[S74] Brent Ruesch's Research Notes.
- 'A Selection of Wills fromt the Registry at York Vol. LIII.
- XXIV. THE WILL OF WILLIAM COPLEY.
- [Reg. arch. Rotherham, 341 a, etc.]
- March 15, 1489-90. Willelmus Copeley.* Sep. honeste sine pompa mundana, in eccl. qua me mori contigerit, si non abiero in London. Si in London abiero, tunc lego corpus meum sep. in navi eccl. Fratrum Carmelitarum in Fletestrete, juxta
- * The testator was the son and heir of Sir Richard Copley, of Batley, by his second wife Elizabeth Harrington. He was a lawyer, and made a large fortune. His will is valuable in many respects. He was twice married, according to Mr Hunter : 1. to Margaret, daughter and co-heir of John Saint Loe, of Gunnersby co. Lincoln. (I question this marriage, as it is not mentioned by the testator when he mentions the other.) 2. to Margaret, daughter of Sir William Ryther of Ryther; but it does not appear that he left children by either. His wealth was dispersed among his relatives and friends. ....
- * Sir Richard Copley of Batley. On July 16, 1434, he made his will in London, styling himself as of the county of York. To be buried in the conventual church of the Carmelites in London. The feoffees of my lands, &c., co. York, Brian de Beeston, John Denton, and John Rysshworth, esqs. Elizabeth my wife to be guardian of my children. If she marry, my feoffees to be guardians, except in the case of my heir, whom John Leventhorpe, sen. esq. is to see to. Residue to my wife; she, and Richard Tyngill, chaplain, executors, and John Leventhorp, sen. esq., William Leventhorpe of Leventhorpe, and Brian Thornhill, supervisors. [Pr. Sept. 28, and adm. to exrs.] (Reg. Test. Ebor. iii. 396 b.)
- Sir Richard was twice married. By his first wife Margaret, daughter of Sir Richard Denton, he had Lionel Copley, esq. of Batley. By his second, Elizabeth, daughter and heiress of 'John Harrington, esq. of Doncaster', he had the testator and other children. The testator was the heir to his mother's estates. (South Yorkshire, i. 51.)
51. John HARRINGTON (Margaret DE NEVILLE32, Margaret DE LA POLE31, William DE LA POLE30, William DE LA POLE29, Owain AP GRUFFYDD DE LA POLE28, Gruffudd AP GWENWYNWYN \ DE LA POLE27, Gwenwynwyn AP OWAIN26, Owain Cyfeiliog AP GRUFFYDD,25, Gruffydd AP MAREDUDD24, Maredudd AP BLEDDYN23, Bleddyn AP CYNFYN22, Cynfyn AP GWERYSTAN21, COLLWYN20, EDNYWAIN19, BLEDDYN18, BLEDRYS17, Cynog MAWR16, Iorwerth HIRFLAWDD15, TEGONWY14, Teon13, Gwineu DEUFREUDDWYD12, Bywyr LEW11, BYWDEG10, Rhun Rhudd BALADR9, Llary AP CASNAR8, CASNAR \ Casanauth "Wledig"7, Cunedda AP EDERN6, Edern AP PADARN5, Padarn AP TEGID4, Tacitus TEGID3, Kain2, Guorcein1) was born 1379 in Doncaster, Yorkshire, England, and died Abt 1430. He married Isabel SEWER, daughter of Richard SEWER and Joan. She was born Abt 1399 in Of, Doncaster, Yorkshire, England.
Child of John HARRINGTON and Isabel SEWER is:+ 81 i. Elizabeth HARRINGTON was born Abt 1404 in Doncaster, , England, and died Aft 5 May 1456.
John HARRINGTON48 was born about 1403 in . He died in 1465 in Doncaster. He has Ancestral File Number 9HFV-3R. Parents: sir William HARRINGTON 1 son and Margaret NEVILLE.
Spouse: Isabel SEWER. Children were: Elizabeth HARRINGTON.
John Harrington's Timeline
<Of Doncaster, Yorkshire, England>
Doncaster, Yorkshire, England
Doncaster, Yorkshire, England
September 11, 1922
April 10, 1931
March 1, 1965