About John Hatfield Cribb
- Name: Mr John Hatfield Cribb
- Age: 44 years
- Last Residence: in Bournemouth Dorset England
- Occupation: Butler
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 371362 , £16 2s
- Destination: Newark New Jersey United States
- Died in the sinking.
- Body Not Recovered
Mr John Hatfield Cribb, 44, was born around 1867 in Australia (1), the son of John Hatfield Cribb Snr (born 1837 in Poole, Dorset).
John Jr was married to Bessie Jane Welch, they lived in Newark, New Jersy, and they had four children: Laura, Ernest (born 1897), Ellen (died 1973) and Frank.
In 1912 John and his family were staying in Bournemouth, Dorset, England. He and his daughter Laura Alice boarded the Titanic at Southampton as third class passengers (ticket no. 371362, £16, 2s); their destination was Newark, New Jersey.
John lost his life in the disaster. His body, if recovered, was never identified.
Notes 1. Another source says he was born in Dorset, England.
References Contract Ticket List, White Star Line 1912 (National Archives, New York; NRAN-21-SDNYCIVCAS-55).
- Last Will and Testament of John Hatfield Cribb
- Graham Cribb (descendent of Laura Cribb)
- Cameron Bell, Northern Ireland
- Hermann Söldner, Germany
Travelling Companions (on same ticket)
- Miss Laura Mae Cribb
John Hatfield Cribb's Timeline
July 24, 1895
New Jersey, USA
April 15, 1912
At Sea - Titanic Casualty